Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anyone from the UK going to the Southend Shakedown and fancy riding down together?
In case you don't know, it is a ticket only parking event to control numbers and all advance tickets have gone.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ha, my home town. Where does the ride start. Could ride to the start and then home. I tend to avoid the seafront on that weekend gets very, very busy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, my home town. Where does the ride start. Could ride to the start and then home. I tend to avoid the seafront on that weekend gets very, very busy.
There seems to be a few starting points, I am near Lakeside, would love to ride in with a couple of other bobbers.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ticket only to park and walk about having a natter, guess that's another bike run killed off then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They will have 1200 sea front tickets to give out on the day on a first come first served basis.
All advance tickets have gone.
Numbers are limited this year to get it going again, supported but Southend Council. As long as all goes well next year there should be more room opened up. Follow on Face Book if you are interested. :wink2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weather looks to be good for next weekend, and the Triumph display lorry will be there also.
Not sure of my starting point as yet, looks to be a couple of rides in that look good.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
I wish I'd known this was on earlier... Loved the Ace Shakedown over the years. Particularly memorable was the one I did on the Norge in 2007... I rode to the Ace to do the whole thing and it started snowing inside the M25... stood around at the Ace waiting for departure, and joined the queue leaving, following the route. Every fuel station bikes had turned off and were holding hands on cylinder heads etc... I had heated vest and grips, and was first to arrive in Southend!!! Haven't been for probably 9 or 10 years... Have a great time all!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Count me in. I will ride up meet and ride back to town. I won't be paying to park anywhere in my home town, and will have to peel off to go meet someone else a bit later, but I'm all up for a ride back into town with some other bikers. Weather here is supposed to be good for the weekend. See you then.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's been bloody gorgeous here in Southend today, managed to get the the bike out for a quick blast to Triumph Ongar (just found out they are under new ownership, where did all the old staff go?) looking forward to Monday.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
It's been bloody gorgeous here in Southend today, managed to get the the bike out for a quick blast to Triumph Ongar (just found out they are under new ownership, where did all the old staff go?) looking forward to Monday.
I had a few attempts to deal under the old ownership... The owner must have been getting on a bit, but he was always very greedy...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a quick blast to Triumph Ongar (just found out they are under new ownership, where did all the old staff go?) looking forward to Monday.
I was there yesterday morning also, done a 100 mile trip round Essex, 4 hours...
Was gutted, the new owners will only fit genuine triumph parts so will not fit my led front indicators! Arse.

Yep, see you in the morning. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
I met him on the Broads a few years back... In his very large steel Dutch Motor Yacht… He made plenty of money... Alan something...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Couple of pics from Southend for you. Sun was out, and really was a great day to be on the roads and relax beside the sea with an ice cream.

Roll on next year. ;0)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts