Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, figured I should probably create an introduction post and say 'hello'.

I'm from the UK with a Jet Black Bobber and a long list of accessories currently on order which should be arriving later this month. I'll upload some pictures as soon as I get it. I also plan to take some footage of the bike to put on youtube. I'll see how that goes and if I make anything I'll post it. In particular, I was thinking of creating raw/engine only ride footage on some of the nice UK countryside roads.

A bit about me, I've been riding on and off ever since I was able to get a license with a bit of off road/dirt bike riding before that. I took a steady approach to road riding, with a 50cc and 125cc (RGV) in my teens, then up to a 400cc (VFR) for a few years, a 600cc (CBR-RR) and then 1000cc's (CBR-RR, VTR-SP2) for the last 10 years. All sports bikes so the Bobber will be quite a change for me but I've been looking to move away from sports bikes for a couple of years now, going as far as testing a few Harleys and very nearly swapping to a 48 (so glad I didn't now) all because I wanted to 'bob' a bike. I don't have a history of modding bikes (the most I've ever done is end cans, screens and indicators) but I'm hoping to change that and turn the Bobber in to a bit of a long-term project.

I'm also itching like crazy to be riding a twin again :)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike.
The Bobber is a great base to start modifying (and a terrific bike to ride). Definitely a bike you can mod over time & uniquely customize.
Let us know when you get it and we look forward to seeing some UK footage!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike.
The Bobber is a great base to start modifying (and a terrific bike to ride). Definitely a bike you can mod over time & uniquely customize.
Let us know when you get it and we look forward to seeing some UK footage!
Agreed, when I test rode one I was blown away by it. Maybe the Harley's lowered my expectations, but it felt incredibly light, nimble and quick. Definitely more than I was expecting from this style of bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great to hear of your plans

I have plans of taking some nice pics / movie of my Morello Red Bobber when it arrives 2nd week of June.

If you happen to be in the East Midlands area we can have a ride out and find some good photo opportunities - PM me if that is a possibility.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to hear of your plans

I have plans of taking some nice pics / movie of my Morello Red Bobber when it arrives 2nd week of June.

If you happen to be in the East Midlands area we can have a ride out and find some good photo opportunities - PM me if that is a possibility.
I'm in the North East but if I'm ever heading your way for a meet or event I'll give you a shout.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got the call from my dealership, it's arrived. Accessories will be going on in the next couple of days and should be ready to collect next week :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very, although the whole thing has had the shine taken off it a little bit. Feels like I'm not really getting the truth when I speak to them to see how it's coming along.
On Wednesday they hoped it might be ready Saturday, otherwise Monday.
On Saturday they said Monday or Tuesday
On Monday they said Thursday or Friday.
And on top of that, I've now learnt that an accessory is missing despite previously being told everything was in and ready to go on. Needless to say I'm a little bit disappointed by this final stretch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately it's something much easier to get hold of, in the UK at least. Front sprocket cover. It may not seem like a big deal, it probably isn't, but it's really bugged me. I think it's because it's in combination with the delays and a lack of communication. Not once have I been called to let me know whats going on. When things have slipped I've only found out because I called them, and I only called them because it was the day (or day before) it was due to be ready and I wanted to check it would be ready before making arrangements to collect.

I'd understand if it were a part I ordered at the last minute, like the exhausts, but something that I ordered with the bike back in March? I feel like they should have had that in stock and ready to go on. In fact, it seems like they did (I was even shown my list of accessories and allocation from their stock, everything was in 2 weeks ago), so the fact that it's now not in stock makes me think they sold it to someone else. Maybe it was a mistake, who knows, but I was told everything was great and ready to go and then suddenly I'm getting delays with the build and a missing part... it's disappointing if only because the only way I find these things out is by chasing them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its a pity that this is happening. Probably its the lack of communication that bugs you the most.

Who's the dealer? It might make you feel better if you name and shame them.

However, one you finally get it home, all this will be forgotten :grin2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a pity that this is happening. Probably its the lack of communication that bugs you the most.

Who's the dealer? It might make you feel better if you name and shame them.

However, one you finally get it home, all this will be forgotten :grin2:
I think so, that's why I'm not going to name and shame, and from what I can tell this isn't usual for the dealership. Although the missing part will bug me, the look I wanted won't be complete until that goes on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good news! It's (finally) almost ready. Decided to pop in after work today to see whats going on. The missing part has arrived and has been fitted, everything else is on the bike, it's just getting the final bits of prep done to it. Tomorrow it will be cleaned, registration plate made and fitted, and have final pre-delivery checks ready for me to collect on Friday - just in time for the weekend.

Here's a quick pic I managed to snap of it in the workshop:

·
Registered
23 Posts
And what a scorcher of weekend we have in store !

I am very envious as I still have around 2 weeks to go for mine.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yours is first i have seen with clip ons, was thinking of going the same route let us know how your getting on with them. Still waiting for my bobber ordered in feb should be here in the next few weeks
(UK)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts