Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, can anyone from the UK help. I have been trying to get my bobber insured before I pick it up on Thursday but no one seems to have it on their database yet. Any help will be gratefully received. Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They can't add it? My Spanish insurer gave up and just put it on the same as the T120. Then they said "it's a 1200 and your old bike is only a 675 so this is more expensive" (675==Street Triple Rx) WTF?! :/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unless they're in the know about motorcycles, most insurance agents goes by what they have in the system. @DJMC maybe you can go to the same insurance company as Hassc?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Makes sense seeing as how the Bobber uses a tuned Bonneville 1200cc engine. Think insurance costs are based on power and style, so that's a pretty close guesstimate for them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It might make sense to group it with the T120. What didn't make sense was that it costs me MORE than my Street Triple Rx used to!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem with Bennetts even though i gave them the ABI number for the bike which the dealer gave me (81080279). In the end Bennetts insured it as a T120 and will make the the adjustment at no extra cost when it comes up on their systems. Apparently, their data base gets refreshed on the 28th of each month.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Interesting that was/is an issue in the U.K. Considering the bike is English (made in Taiwan).

In the US they had it in their system. Insured (Progressive)it a couple days before I picked it up. No issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just spoke to Swinton and they said they couldn't insure the Bobber so couldn't help me.

Told them that sounded like crap and to go check again. Apparently they are now going to get another company to call me back or something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope. After another 40 mins on the phone with Swinton the conclusion is that they cannot offer me any policies on the Bobber.

Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope. After another 40 mins on the phone with Swinton the conclusion is that they cannot offer me any policies on the Bobber.

Back to the drawing board.

Sounds like you got a 'tard on the phone they insured mine nearly six weeks ago now! Admittedly it wasn't showing on the system and hadn't yet got an ABI number but they didn't have a problem adding it onto my multi-bike policy and it shows on the paperwork as a Bobber and not a T120.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah sounds like it. I told them you'd managed it but even after a supervisor type person called me back and spent 40 mins 'trying' they basically just refused as there was no bobber on the system.

Been with Swinton for a few years and they've always been decent at renewal.. hopefully bikesure will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts