Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions so far chaps.

I imagine I’m going to pay through the nose due to not having ridden for 15 years and so having zero no claims bonus to speak of.

I did do a little price comparison online and I think the cheapest so far was around £350.

I’ll let you know how I get on ;)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Bennetts for me, consistently come up cheaper than the rest (except Go Skippy but one look at Trustpilot had me in tears of laughter), although my SE9 post code makes it 5x more expensive to insure compared to my old IV30 post code, pull down trousers and lean over barrel.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bennetts for me, consistently come up cheaper than the rest (except Go Skippy but one look at Trustpilot had me in tears of laughter), although my SE9 post code makes it 5x more expensive to insure compared to my old IV30 post code, pull down trousers and lean over barrel.
I can relate to the post code issues. I previously lived in Peckham, (SE15) and for the privilege the insurance on my Lotus Exige was nearly £1200. Now I’m based out in Kent it’s dropped to £329! :surprise:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try confused.com now they do bikes. I got mine through them with Hastings @£130. I have no NCB having not ridden for 20+yrs. Bennetts was over £200!

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
I pay £107 for the Speedmaster. I used to be through Saga (I know, and one so young!), but they bought Bennetts and transferred me to them. Bennetts are brokers, so I said I wanted to change the bike mid-term, which the existing insurer didn't support, so it was a new policy with Norwich Union for £107... Very happy, mind you the old Stelvio was £70... All fully comp with protected NCB.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use MCE insurance who quoted £280 and were around £230 cheaper than Bennetts. Having only 2 years no claims as I hadn't had a bike for around 6 years prior, so I lost all my no claims.

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
Confused.com, or Bennets. Go with a known firm for a few more quid.

Why??? The insurance deal I got was insured by Norwich Union. A long time great UK bike insurer... Why would I have paid over 50 % more to Triumph Insurance (for example) £107 vs £171, good insurer...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts