Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tyre pressure is everyone running in the front tyre that manual says 32 psi that dealer said 36 and on the tire it says 41 the rear tire everyone agrees it's 42 even the tire says 42

·
Registered
136 Posts
32 psi for the front 42 for the rear

tug

·
Registered
94 Posts
What tyre pressure is everyone running in the front tyre that manual says 32 psi that dealer said 36 and on the tire it says 41 the rear tire everyone agrees it's 42 even the tire says 42

The sidewall PSI is based on use as a tubeless wheel/tire assembly; your best bet is to follow the manual and the vehicle information placard on the headstock. In the case of the Bobber, both of those state front tire pressure is 32 PSI cold. I personally like the handling better at about 35, but that is my own choice and I recommend as a baseline following the manufacturer’s specifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
in the bobber black the pressures are different.... 2.3 bar for the front and 2.6 bar for the rear
X1 on this thought.

When I bought my Bobber Black there was a sticker on the chain guard relating to tyre pressures... F2.3 Bar & R2.6 Bar. Or 33.36psi & 37.71psi respectively.

Pic below...

The BB does weigh an additional 10kg and of course the front tyre and wheel are different found on the Bobber but I’m still surprised by the variation.

To date my BB has covered 4250 miles and the tyres still have loads of tread on them and are wearing evenly. I have read of some replacing there tyres with far less miles on their own bikes but put it down to me being a slower less aggressive rider. Having said that anyone who has followed me would probably laugh and say that’s ridiculous... as I do throw the bike around a fare bit.

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29131&stc=1&d=1541683373

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tire pressures listed on the tire ARE MAXIMUM pressures the tire can handle per TIRE MANUFACTURERS, NOT the per vehicle recommendation. Vehicle manufacturers list their recommendations in the manual on on a placard on the vehicle.

·
Registered
608 Posts
32 front, 42 rear for every day general riding and commuting, i do drop the rear to about 36 when I'm having to ride with sports bikes just to increase the contact patch with the pegs down in corners trying to keep up. Though it's fun sliding thru on the inside of a gixxer with a rider who cant/wont keep up with his nutter mates with the titanium hero blobs sparking away :)

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
32 front, 42 rear for every day general riding and commuting, i do drop the rear to about 36 when I'm having to ride with sports bikes just to increase the contact patch with the pegs down in corners trying to keep up.
I drop both my front and rear tire pressures. I feel like the bike handles a little better and the bumps aren't quite as bad on my butt.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Would love to see pics of the Shinkos. Any problems installing, as I think they don’t make the exact size, at least not for the rear tire...?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I would be to stick to the recommended pressures.

Triumphs or tire manufacturers recommendation?
Triumphs says 33/38 psi but on the tires side wall max 49 front, 42 rear. if i follow tires recommendation does this mean ill be running higher psi in front?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Triumph (for the regular Bobber) quote 32 PSI front & 42 rear. For the BB it’s 32/38.
The pressures written on the side of your tire will be for MAXIMUM pressure, so you don’t want to be near those.
I would stick to 32 front, but drop the rear to 36 or so and see how it feels.

Did you check Shinko’s website or speak to a reseller to try and find out more accurate information?
Sometime recommended pressures do differ by manufacturer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Triumph (for the regular Bobber) quote 32 PSI front & 42 rear. For the BB it’s 32/38.
The pressures written on the side of your tire will be for MAXIMUM pressure, so you don’t want to be near those.
I would stick to 32 front, but drop the rear to 36 or so and see how it feels.

Did you check Shinko’s website or speak to a reseller to try and find out more accurate information?
Sometime recommended pressures do differ by manufacturer.

Only max psi on their website. I’ll try to contact them. Thanks for the replies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 28 Posts