Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slowly moving the bike into the bronze accent direction. Attempting to tie together the ironstone, the natural "gold-ing" of the pipes, and the brown leather accents I'm planning to add. Spent sometime over the holidays in my garage smoking cigars, painting, cleaning, and listening to the Rolling Stones.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brown will work well with that. Are you going to keep the fenders black?

I've thought about painting the fenders ironstone. I'm on the fence though, as it might be a little much. I like how the black fenders mesh with the tires, giving it a solid, "heavy" visual. I don't recall seeing a pic of anyone doing this yet. It would be nice to see how it turned out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've thought about painting the fenders ironstone. I'm on the fence though, as it might be a little much. I like how the black fenders mesh with the tires, giving it a solid, "heavy" visual. I don't recall seeing a pic of anyone doing this yet. It would be nice to see how it turned out.
Hello Davidrb,

my bike is not Ironstone coloured, but to give you some impressions about painted fenders
I can show you a pic of mine, maybe it will help you...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Slowly moving the bike into the bronze accent direction. Attempting to tie together the ironstone, the natural "gold-ing" of the pipes, and the brown leather accents I'm planning to add. Spent sometime over the holidays in my garage smoking cigars, painting, cleaning, and listening to the Rolling Stones.
Love where you’re going with this. I think the Ironstone has a hint of brown/bronze to it so it should look great when done. But, that said, I think it has to be the right tone as it’s a tricky color. I wasn’t 100% satisfied with the match of the brown Statement seat, despite the leather and the profile being really nice. Changed to a distressed/vintage looking gray/black. If I recall, you’re doing a reddish leather seat which should look awesome. The Ironstone fenders might be terrific as it would minimize the color changes from front to back and let the accessories stand out. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hello Davidrb,

my bike is not Ironstone coloured, but to give you some impressions about painted fenders
Looks as though are keeping Bike Brothers busy :D

Looking neat.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have you considered an ironstone stripe or racing stripe down the Centre of the fenders? That may work.
Or painting the fenders in the ironstone or doing a black highlight stripe.
I love the tank couloir and for me as it stands now the solid black fenders are a bit to much of a contrast. Can't wait to see how it ends up. Gonna look fantastic I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Have you considered an ironstone stripe or racing stripe down the Centre of the fenders? That may work.
Or painting the fenders in the ironstone or doing a black highlight stripe.
I love the tank couloir and for me as it stands now the solid black fenders are a bit to much of a contrast. Can't wait to see how it ends up. Gonna look fantastic I'm sure.
Hi Freddy,

I think those are great suggestions, well done.

cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
512 Posts

Have you put the LaRosa seat on yet..? Be interested to see a few pics of that, and to hear how it feels...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm eager to do so, but it hasn't arrived yet. :|

I had also ordered the left hand side color matching saddle bag. But I do understand, because they have to actually put it into production for my specs, and it fell in the middle of a holiday. I'll post once it arrives and post some "un-boxing" pics before I put them on. Thanks for checking! :smile2:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Davidrb,

Ram:

apologies for not responding earlier, thanks for posting a pic of your ride. That is a GREAT LOOKING bike you have. I love the color. The fenders painted work well with it. I'm having to really think about this more seriously. >:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ram:

apologies for not responding earlier, thanks for posting a pic of your ride. That is a GREAT LOOKING bike you have. I love the color. The fenders painted work well with it. I'm having to really think about this more seriously. >:)
Thanks for the compliment!

Don't think about it, just do it! Never saw a ironstone coloured bike with painted fenders.

I guess it will look very well! :wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts