So you're contemplating a sprung seat project, not sure on what to do about hinging the saddle. While you're procrastinating over the purchase of a dedicated mount or billet item, here's a quick mod you can undertake to convert your original seat post into a floater. Placement of the hardware in image-2 should elude as to what we're going to do here.
- First off, remove that 10,0mm centre bolt and stow it away as a spare. I blanked the hole with a stainless push in plug from the hardware store.
- Remove both L & R seat bolts, Lube up the right one with grease and 1/2 screw back in. Leave the left one out.
- Cut a small spacer using 9,0mm dia. stainless approximately 5,0mm in length. This will be too long, it's a start point for fine adjusting.
- Carefully insert the spacer into the left hole, followed by the bolt.
- Now tighten them up against each other.......done.
- You may have to downsize the spacer length by a few microns to ensure the seat post pivots freely with minimal side play(end float), and not binding OR shim out the bolts with s.s.washers.
181.3 KB Views: 197
271.4 KB Views: 193
310 KB Views: 210
294.2 KB Views: 210
318 KB Views: 215
172.2 KB Views: 208