Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys get an email survey from Triumph ? Looks to me like they are getting opinions on whether to put a bigger tank on the bobber . :surprise:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I didn't get a survey but I did get a recorded call from someone who said that they were with the Social Security Administration. I need to call a number that she gave me or I might loose my benefits. Oh my. :surprise: Do you think that might be a scam? :|

As far a fuel tanks go, in my old age I can't out sit the range of the tank anyway so a bigger tank wouldn't make much difference. :frown2:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nope, I didn't receive one either...they didn't ask you for your credit card details too did they?

I wouldn't be a fan of a bigger tank, I think it would spoil the Bobber's paired down looks and I think for the type of bike it is a range of 100miles with 20-30 in reserve is more than enough! But each to their own and I think Triumph should offer the larger Speedmaster tank as a factory option for those who have an iron butt or live in apart of the world where petrol stations are few and far between. >:)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I wouldn't be a fan of a bigger tank, I think it would spoil the Bobber's paired down looks and I think for the type of bike it is a range of 100miles with 20-30 in reserve is more than enough! But each to their own and I think Triumph should offer the larger Speedmaster tank as a factory option for those who have an iron butt or live in apart of the world where petrol stations are few and far between. >:)
Well said on all the above points. For me I like the look of the smaller tank, there is no way in heck that I can ride for more than an hour, and gas stations are pretty easy to find in my neck of the woods.

For others, the larger tank is a great option.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I plan on strapping a fuel bottle (maybe 2) on one of the forks when I plan on riding with the boys with the big tanks. I actually like the size of the tank on my morello red.

Harley Sportsters have the same issue and there are many of those around, it’s the look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No survey for me, but I like the smaller tank.

Even on my HD Road Glide I never ride for more than an hour. Have to stop and get the circulation going to the crotch, so the sack doesn’t go numb.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Also got the survey (Ironstone owner). Had two larger tank options and looking for opinions. They must be thinking about it. Also asked about thoughts regarding which bikes you had considered before buying and if you own an original, whether you’d have bought a BB (in my case BB hadn’t been introduced yet). But all those questions seemed to be a warm up to the tank options where they showed pictures of the various tank choices.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I decided to get a bigger fuel tank... but it just so happens to be attached to a BMW GS Adventure:grin2:
Now that's the way to get a bigger tank! :grin2:

Of all the bikes that I have ever owned my two BMW R1200GSs were my favorites. They were fast. They actually handled. And you could ride on the occasional dirt road. They were great all around bikes. But I can't throw my leg over the saddle of one of a GS anymore. :frown2:

So I'll just putter along on my BB. :smile2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I received and completed the survey (gloss black). I also like the current tank it is what a real bobber had. For trips where I might have trouble with fuel stations I carry the below fuel container. It absolutely had no leaks of liquid or gas, it is amazing. The full nozzle is perfect. I know it is made for the HD saddlebags but it fits quite well in the Triumph Panniers which is where I carry it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WHBVDI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 20 of 32 Posts