Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Chaps,

I have just fitted a set of the Triumph olive panniers. I guess my Speedbobber is evolving into a Speedbobber Black 'Bagger'....:surprise:

Just went out for a ride and already used them to pick up some cheesecake for my wife, so she's happy. I think I'm going to enjoy this upgrade as it gives me a lot of flexility. I plan on doing a lot of camping this summer, maybe even a Grand Canyon trip, also I like to ride daily, run out to the store to pick things up etc.

My little Bobber had evolved somewhat over the year but I couldn't be happier. Pretty and practical..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gents,

I like the quality and look of these panniers but as has been mentioned before, the fitting of them to the brackets is not the best. To that end I have some ideas long term, so will eventually sort something out. Right now they seem to work fine, so enjoying the option to carry more stuff.

I can also fit my leather jacket in which is nice, as it's sometimes just too hot hear to wear more than a t-shirt, so it's not to haul more gear easily just in case.

I must confess I think this is one of the best photographs I've taken to date, great backdrop and the light was perfect.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Dan,

The 'pond' is actually a quiet inlet to a large lake. It's the disabled access boat ramp to Watson lake just outside Prescott Arizona. I'm planning to take my wife back there just to sit with a coffee, it's stunning. Made for a great backdrop for photos, so will remember that in the future.

In my youth (when I had more money) I had a number of bikes at one time but these days I can only afford one bike and as I like to ride it as much as possible (daily if I can) then it has to be somewhat practical. These panniers are going to go a long way to make running my bike 'as a daily ride' much more doable. Any excuse to leave the car at home..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that Great Black North,

Appreciate your comments. My tastes have changed over the years but I've always loved those early military or police bikes and the Bobber Black is turning into a great platform to create my modern version of this look.

Surprisingly I've had a few comments from guys who are familiar with modern Triumphs and don't quite know what I'm riding..:grin2: but love it non the less.

I deliberately don't want to go too 'custom' on it, preferring to create something that looks almost like a bike Triumph could have put out.

Either way really LOVING the build and the ride..:grin2::grin2::grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts