Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the left and right side pannier rack, for the Bobber Black, can you believe they only come in chrome. Anyways, it aint going to stay chrome, will stand out like a sore thumb. So anyone managed to get round this. My first thoughts are to spray, but I got a feeling spraying on chrome wont hold to well, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Ordered the left and right side pannier rack, for the Bobber Black, can you believe they only come in chrome. Anyways, it aint going to stay chrome, will stand out like a sore thumb. So anyone managed to get round this. My first thoughts are to spray, but I got a feeling spraying on chrome wont hold to well, any suggestions?
One guy on here powdercoated them and it worked well. Another guy (the guy that mounted Burley saddlebags) wrapped his in black electrical tape, or something similar.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I plastidipped them first to make sure I liked the look and once I was satisfied that was the answer I powdercoated them.

The plastidip held for a while but a few rides with the bags moving around on them from the bumps in the road just rubbed it right off. Then I just had them powder coated in a batch with other parts I wanted powder coated black.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts