Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

The other day, I was watching "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and loved the scenes where he was riding the Triumph T110. (Also rode a kick-ass Indian Scout as well in the movie). Found this cool site that shows other Triumphs used in movies/television.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...triumph-motorcycles-at-the-movies-in-pictures

I'm sure, as others mentioned, that it won't be long before the Bobber will make its way in a movie or television show.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
A wonderful thread and great link (in the OP).

As an Englishman living in the US, one of the things that has really surprise me riding a Triumph is the overwhelming amount of older American gents (and a few ladies) who rode Triumph back in the day. I've lost count of all these older bikers who have come up to me and commented on their wonderful Triumph back in the 1950's/60's & 70's, it would seem that Triumphs were the cool ride in the US back in the day......and still are today in my opinion....:cool:

Never expected that but love it... (y) (y) (y)

Cheerio,
Roy

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dr Who always rides a Triumph.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Someone (could have been one of the guides at the Hinckley factory) told me that the fact you see so many Triumphs in the 50's and 60's American movies has to do the WW II and the lend-lease pact. Under that pact the Americans lent weapons, vehicles, planes, tanks etc. to the British to fight the Gemans (so us in fact). In most cases those things were destroyed so the British could not give back the tank they got as it had more than some dents in the bumber. Instead new goods were given back and if my memory serves me right the guy said in the 50's more than 70% of the bikes built in Britain were shipped to the US.

From a today's perpective one might think Marlon Brando sat on a HD in "The Wild One" but it was a Triumph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts