Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new ride! Have you decided on any changes yet? It's always interesting to see how people make changes over time to make it their own.

Hi Ysoslo. I think i will eventually add the FOX rear shock, DECAT the pipes and the add Triumph swingarm bag (due to the bulging pockets) but other than that I think the bike is stunning. I can see that there are some great accent feature you can get like a brass petrol cap and matching shifter peg but I got the bobber black for the rugged post WWII stance with the fat front tyre and stealthy look (Batbike of English countryside).
:grin2:

·
Registered
160 Posts
My trade was an MT09 Tracer, it was a cracking bike but the Bobber smile factor is way more intense and seems to last a lot longer.
I have an fz-09 I kept for two up riding, I don't really care for the bike much any more. I have about $4k in mods on it, looking back I wish I hadn't put so much into that bike. Market is flooded with cheap used specimens, know I'm going to eat it when I sell. :(

Excellent performing bike, especially after a fully replacing the suspension. It just doesn't have that soul/character I get from triumphs and ducs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Absolutely. I still have a HD Night Rod Special that I have to sell to pay for the Bobber Black. Took the HD to get Safety Cert today and although power was good it was no where near as enjoyable to ride as my Bobber. I like being able to pick a line through a corner and not have to fight it every inch. Luv my BB.

·
Super Moderator
778 Posts
Absolutely. I still have a HD Night Rod Special that I have to sell to pay for the Bobber Black. Took the HD to get Safety Cert today and although power was good it was no where near as enjoyable to ride as my Bobber. I like being able to pick a line through a corner and not have to fight it every inch. Luv my BB.

It's a main criterion of mine when I test ride a bike... When I get back on my bike, is it better or worse than the test ride? For years when I had the GTR's it was the GTR was better... Then I rode the Norge... That was better... Then I rode the Stelvio... That was better... then I road the Speedmaster... That was better...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have an fz-09 I kept for two up riding, I don't really care for the bike much any more. I have about $4k in mods on it, looking back I wish I hadn't put so much into that bike. Market is flooded with cheap used specimens, know I'm going to eat it when I sell. :(

Excellent performing bike, especially after a fully replacing the suspension. It just doesn't have that soul/character I get from triumphs and ducs.
I feel your pain too. The tracer went in with extras, not as much as you spent but it still hurt. The return i got ontop was very little compared to the outlay. :crying:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts