Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I have the Pitbull Hybrid front and rear stands. Cost a bit, but are rock solid.

For the rear, I highly recommend getting the "detachable removable handle". The added length makes it much easier to lever up. Also, put a block of 2x4 (2x6, 2x10..) or something under the kickstand to start with, makes it much easier to get stood upright prior to levering it up...

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok if you check out TEC Bike Parts they have an axle through bobbins, then you can use a hook type paddock stand. Demon Tweeks do a good box alloy one by the way they TEC Bike prts do the best x-pipe on the market. check out there You-tube videos.
Local to me so Proper engineering at fair money.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i picked up one of these motorcycle scissor jacks from amazon awhile back. i've used it once for cleaning the wheels and it is easy to operate and works well (using a ratchet wrench also makes it work a lot quicker). sorry, but will try to post a pic the next time i use it with my bobber.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
i picked up one of these motorcycle scissor jacks from amazon awhile back. i've used it once for cleaning the wheels and it is easy to operate and works well (using a ratchet wrench also makes it work a lot quicker). sorry, but will try to post a pic the next time i use it with my bobber.
i use the same stand and paid £35. i find it works ok for most jobs i also have one of these https://www.on-bike.com/product/motorbike-lift-stand-eazyrizerhttps:
//www.on-bike.com/product/motorbike-lift-stand-eazyrizer-original-red/-original-red/

for the bigger jobs.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
does not work for me bobber gets pushed sideways...
I noticed that too at first, but if you place it under the axle nut, turn the handlebars all the way to the left and use the included velcro strap to block the front brake, it shouldn't go anywhere. A solid stance for the kickstand helps too...:wink2:
Works fine. I've had this since 2004, used it for years on my Daytona 955i.

The important thing for me is that I can take it on long trips like when I'm doing more than 1000km or so, and I travel mostly alone, so it really helps.

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could you please let me know how you got out the factory plug inserts for your jack stand mounts and what did you use to put in place for stand to fit ?
Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
I noticed that too at first, but if you place it under the axle nut, turn the handlebars all the way to the left and use the included velcro strap to block the front brake, it shouldn't go anywhere. A solid stance for the kickstand helps too...:wink2:
Works fine. I've had this since 2004, used it for years on my Daytona 955i.

The important thing for me is that I can take it on long trips like when I'm doing more than 1000km or so, and I travel mostly alone, so it really helps.

Cheers!
mike
hmmm good idea but that chopper lifter is even easier, I have that lifter you talk about left over from the BMW I had once...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts