Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my black swing arm today. Crazy question but is the flap on the bag supposed to be dark brown and the main body of the bag black? The box and the label on the bag say black. From the pics I’ve seen online it looks all black. Hoping some one can verify.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's the brown my friend. Looks like they messed up. I have the black one and it's definitely black. And that ain't black. Hope it helps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for verifying. Guess I have to return this thing. Might be a good thing. Looking more at the Bike Brothers bag..starting to really like it. Better price too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So spoke to parts guy a dealer. Apparently this is the new black swingarm bag and they haven't made all black for a few months now. Just a heads up for anyone looking to get an all black bag.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Really?? That black looks suspiciously brown to me !
Anyway, last year I ordered the black and received the brown.
Triumph offered to replace it, but I decided I like it and I think your (new color) looks good too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really?? That black looks suspiciously brown to me !
Anyway, last year I ordered the black and received the brown.
Triumph offered to replace it, but I decided I like it and I think your (new color) looks good too.

Yea the main body is black and the flap is brown..LOL so it's black according to Triumph. Think he said the latest olive is more of a brown too. I wanna try and like this one but just seems off without any other brown parts on the bike. I think I'm gonna order the Bike Bros. bag. I just hate the shipping time to the US.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Triumph only make a left side swing arm bag.
Perhaps you can find a 2018 black on eBay ?

The Bike Brothers can be ordered left or right (or both, if that’s your thing...)
How long is shipping to the US ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had an all black Triumph bag - just sold it on ebay. Bummer if they don't make the all black anymore.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
So I just got my black swing arm today. Crazy question but is the flap on the bag supposed to be dark brown and the main body of the bag black? The box and the label on the bag say black. From the pics I’ve seen online it looks all black. Hoping some one can verify.
Not sure if it’s totally up-to-date but, on the U.S. website, the Triumph accessory search shows two swing arm bags, all black and the olive. In the picture, the olive seems to have a brown leather top. If this is still what’s available, then maybe what you got was a black bag with the brown flap top. Clearly a mistake in production.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have an all black, in the box if anyone’s interested in it? I never used it as I went with saddle bags instead!
You should take a couple of pics and post it up in a For Sale thread. I'm sure someone will pick it up, as there are new folks joining all the time. Just be sure to put your location in there too, so people know what state/country you're in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts