Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I know nothing about them, however I am changing my exhaust to remove the large mufflers. For me...way to big and it detracts from the look of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I was not aware that Triumph have an OFF ROAD TUNE (TOR) for the Bobber, or even if one is available for our new generation bikes.
This would also come at additional cost on top of the purchase price of the Tridents - as the dealer usually won't do anything for free.
Programs like Tuneboy do not work with our bikes, so loading an aftermarket ECUtune is not an option anymore.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, I don't want to fall foul of advertising rules but thought I should correct some errors on this thread

We can do pipes in brushed finish, or black or polished, all available from our website.

The pipes do not need a tune if you keep the stock X-pipe - just fit them in minutes and go - they fit exactly like stock including the pipe covers with no alterations needed and come with a removable street baffle so can be a bit louder than stock or a lot louder - you choose :)

Also, whilst we've kept to the same style as stock cans they are rather slimmer than stock so not so bulky and of course weigh under half what stock pipes do.

There are plenty of pictures and video links on our website but if anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me.

I won't link to the website or talk price etc as I believe that would break forum ad rules but I wanted to make sure everyone had the right information as details were on here already

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
As long as the fit and finish is on par with the OEM pipes at that price what’s not to like? I’m sure they’ll be popular with riders who like the stock look but just want a little bit more noise or those living in countries like Germany where having the option of baffles come inspection time is a must!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd go as far as to say they are rather better fit and finish than stock. We use marine grade 316 stainless, with seamless polished welds that become invisible and unlike almost all other makes right now the stock covers fit perfectly without needing to mess with brackets.

They certainly seem to be flying out the door right now :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will, mate. The chap I was speaking to seemed very knowledgeable and replied to my emails straight away. Their website is good and you get a good idea about what they are producing. British as well, so hopefully quality will be good. They have a lot of orders so I won’t get mine for about 15 days. I’ll post pictures once they are on the bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will, mate. The chap I was speaking to seemed very knowledgeable and replied to my emails straight away. Their website is good and you get a good idea about what they are producing. British as well, so hopefully quality will be good. They have a lot of orders so I won’t get mine for about 15 days. I’ll post pictures once they are on the bike.
They should be ready in more like 7 days for you 1960Bobber :grin2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
No doubt I'll be late now ! No, we're pretty good at working to schedule - I build batches of exhausts at a time and all next week we're only making Bobber pipes so by the end of the week we should have a good number made. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
No doubt I'll be late now ! No, we're pretty good at working to schedule - I build batches of exhausts at a time and all next week we're only making Bobber pipes so by the end of the week we should have a good number made. :)

Hi,

There are pictures of the color deep black?.

Is't necessary to reprogram the ECU?... watching the video (http://www.trident-exhausts.co.uk/product/bonneville-bobber-2017-on/) it seems that the engine is down with these exhaust.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is no need to change the ECU tune with these pipes

You would only need to do that if you change the X pipe

I've been asked not to link to pictures, videos etc as I am not an advertiser here but if you PM me I can send you to where you can see pictures of various finishes :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts