Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
64E5D45E-FCDA-46B6-9375-5FFEA1CE2A0E_1572200278316.jpeg Not Bobber related but I thought I’d share a few pics from my recent tour of Northan Spain. I covered just over 2,000 miles over 8 day’s via beautiful winding and twisty mountain roads. I aimed to cover between 200-250 miles per day which meant I was in the saddle for anything between 4.5 - 8 hours per day, plus a couple of stops for food and water.

If you’ve been here then you’ll already know how amazing it is... for those who’ve not visited... you need to go and check it out... it’s simply stunning!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome back, Mike.
Glad you had an amazing time.

I shall look at the pics & vid over a finger of Glenn 30 - once the kids are asleep!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've been there! IMHO it beats the Alps to pieces. Most of the roads are very good. The scenery is spectacular. Most of the roads are not as crowded as the roads in the German Alps.

I know you had a fantastic trip (on the perfect bike for an adventure like that). I envy you. Wish I could go back.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been there! IMHO it beats the Alps to pieces. Most of the roads are very good. The scenery is spectacular. Most of the roads are not as crowded as the roads in the German Alps.

I know you had a fantastic trip (on the perfect bike for an adventure like that). I envy you. Wish I could go back.
I couldn’t agree more... the roads were barren by comparison which was a first of anywhere I’ve ever toured up till now. Next time around I plan to try the Pyrenees ?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I couldn’t agree more... the roads were barren by comparison which was a first of anywhere I’ve ever toured up till now. Next time around I plan to try the Pyrenees ?
Definitely try the Pyrenees. They are absolutely fantastic! (I did an Edelweiss tour over the Pyrenees.) Dang. I miss being able to do that but I'm too old to get my butt on a sufficient tour bike . . . like a GS. :frown2:

The good thing is that I will remember those tours until the day that I die. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m glad you’ve managed to collect those moments within your memory palace to look back on my friend. I’ve a few more to cram in before my stair at a wall whilst dribbling day’s, (as are you) but I know all too well how quickly time passes so I’m making the most of it whilst I can ?

Definitely try the Pyrenees. They are absolutely fantastic! (I did an Edelweiss tour over the Pyrenees.) Dang. I miss being able to do that but I'm too old to get my butt on a sufficient tour bike . . . like a GS.

The good thing is that I will remember those tours until the day that I die.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Glenfiddich 30 is my favorite single malt.
And I was going to enjoy some until a few moments ago when I realized it’s all finished :frown2:
So some 1985 Glenrothes it is ! >:)
You got me confused with the double "n" in Glenn. I couldn't figure out a Single Malt that started with Glenn. :wink2: I haven't had a Glenfiddich 30. :frown2: My favorite 30 is Highland Park.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
GREAT pics Mike.
And at 0.45s+ on the video my son couldn’t understand how you were SO FAST >:)

How was the gear/jacket ?
I imagine after a trip like that you bonded quite a bit with the GSA...they are simply brilliant bikes.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
You got me confused with the double "n" in Glenn. I couldn't figure out a Single Malt that started with Glenn. :wink2: I haven't had a Glenfiddich 30. :frown2: My favorite 30 is Highland Park.
Sorry...My bad! No double n in fiddich :nerd:
I haven’t tried a Highland Park, but will do some reading about it...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I’m glad you’ve managed to collect those moments within your memory palace to look back on my friend. I’ve a few more to cram in before my stair at a wall whilst dribbling day’s, (as are you) but I know all too well how quickly time passes so I’m making the most of it whilst I can ?
That’s the ticket, Mike. A riding buddy of mine and I call these experiences, both on and off the bike, “QTR.” It’s our shorthand for “quality time remaining.” We only see each other occasionally but, we’ve both made it a high priority in our lives. Those three letters serve to remind each other of what’s it’s all about. If not, IMO, you’re just drifting through life. Glad you had such a great time! ?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sorry...My bad! No double n in fiddich :nerd:
I haven’t tried a Highland Park, but will do some reading about it...
Scotch is my other hobby. I keep a spread sheet of all that I have tried. :nerd: 639 different Scotches and counting. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
That’s only about 629 more than me...:wink2:
I have to admit that I’m much more into coffee than wine or whisky, but when I do drink - I like it to be special.
I don’t touch beer (can’t stand the stuff) but I have a very sweet tooth, hence why I like the Glen30 so much. I try to stay away from the smokier whiskies like Laphroaig, etc.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
To get this topic back on motorcycles and touring . . . . I'm not much of a wine drinker but one of my best memories is touring the Rioja wine region in Spain on a motorcycle. The roads were great! The wine was great!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts