Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have 7 days holiday to take. My trip can commence from as early as the 22nd of Sept but must start no later than the 5th Oct.

I was planning to visit the Picos in Spain but just can’t secure a crossing via the ferry with agreeable dates from either Portsmouth or Plymouth so that trip will have to take place next year.

I’m happy to go anywhere with based on the following ideals...

• As dry a location as possible
• Must of course offer great roads/views
• 150 ish miles max per day... give or take
• Did I mention as dry as possible :)

If any of you can make any suggestions or even better provide a gpx file of great roads etc I would be eternally grateful 0:)

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Hi all,

I have 7 days holiday to take. My trip can commence from as early as the 22nd of Sept but must start no later than the 5th Oct.

I was planning to visit the Picos in Spain but just can’t secure a crossing via the ferry with agreeable dates from either Portsmouth or Plymouth so that trip will have to take place next year.

I’m happy to go anywhere with based on the following ideals...

• As dry a location as possible
• Must of course offer great roads/views
• 150 ish miles max per day... give or take
• Did I mention as dry as possible :)

If any of you can make any suggestions or even better provide a gpx file of great roads etc I would be eternally grateful 0:)

Tunnel to Coquelles, either down th coast road towards Boulogne and overnight for the first night there, or leap on the Autoroute to go further south... Normandy is brilliant. I stayed with a mate in his friend's B&B in Carentan. General ride around the peninsula one day then off to Arromanches the second.

Gorgeous

When I took the Norge to Rome we didn't book anywhere en route and found Formule 1 and Premiere Class budget places

Reactions: Mike J Commo

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey Mike, where did your "Ride with the Mrs goes South" thread go? That was great and I was just getting ready to put popcorn on!

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tunnel to Coquelles, either down th coast road towards Boulogne and overnight for the first night there, or leap on the Autoroute to go further south... Normandy is brilliant. I stayed with a mate in his friend's B&B in Carentan. General ride around the peninsula one day then off to Arromanches the second.

Gorgeous

When I took the Norge to Rome we didn't book anywhere en route and found Formule 1 and Premiere Class budget places
I was toying with something like this, thanks for the suggestion. I’m also playing with the idea of the NC500 or a simple one into Wales. Weather wise is dicey though if staying here in the U.K. so would have to make a call on it closer to the time based on there being a more accurate weather report... if there is such a thing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
The N-260 from Cerbere on the East France/Spain border, travelling West to Sabinanigo in Spain...you'll get everything you've asked for.

N-260

And you can stop off at the Dali museum in Figueres...it's worth it if you appreciate his talent.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hey Mike, where did your "Ride with the Mrs goes South" thread go? That was great and I was just getting ready to put popcorn on!

-GPz/Gary
Hmmm. Just was wondering the same thing ��. I thought it was a technical glitch but the thread seems to be blocked (hopefully, not by your wife, Mike >:). Or, did all this baring of our souls just get too sensitive? If so, I guess let sleeping dogs lie.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm. Just was wondering the same thing ��. I thought it was a technical glitch but the thread seems to be blocked (hopefully, not by your wife, Mike >:). Or, did all this baring of our souls just get too sensitive? If so, I guess let sleeping dogs lie.
To be honest guys that post was only ever for me to understand if anyone else had tried and failed to gel with the other half by sharing a ride out... but it seemed to imply that myself and my wife have issues beyond that moment and nothing could be further from the truth... so I pulled it on the basis of feeling it irrelevant to what we’re all here for.

... now back to the tour ideas ;)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
To be honest guys that post was only ever for me to understand if anyone else had tried and failed to gel with the other half by sharing a ride out... but it seemed to imply that myself and my wife have issues beyond that moment and nothing could be further from the truth... so I pulled it on the basis of feeling it irrelevant to what we’re all here for.

... now back to the tour ideas ;)
Thanks for the explanation. I don't think any of us (I certainly didn't) took it any other way than the way you meant it. Wish it had worked out a bit better. Totally understand about the mysterious post disappearance, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts