Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the torque settings for the exhaust, cat down to the silencer bracket bolts please. 19Nm for the header into the head according to an earlier post. ?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Looked through Haynes manual, and unless I missed them, didn't see any specs beyond the headers.

Hand tight and then a pinch more is all I did on mine for xpipe, and exhaust clamps and then a bit tighter for silencer bracket bolts.

I did them before I had the manual and once did double checked the headers nuts, no problems for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the British Customs Turn Out exhaust so I had to remove the right-hand header pipe flange nuts. When re-tightening the flange nuts to 19Nm I also checked the left-hand header pipe and noticed that they were not anywhere close to 19Nm. I purchased the bike secondhand with less than 500 miles, fully stock and have no other reason to think the previous owner messed with the flange nuts. Anyone ever notice nuts/bolts not tightened to spec from the factory?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I just installed the British Customs Turn Out exhaust so I had to remove the right-hand header pipe flange nuts. When re-tightening the flange nuts to 19Nm I also checked the left-hand header pipe and noticed that they were not anywhere close to 19Nm. I purchased the bike secondhand with less than 500 miles, fully stock and have no other reason to think the previous owner messed with the flange nuts. Anyone ever notice nuts/bolts not tightened to spec from the factory?
Two of my flange nuts were very loose when I swapped out the fins on my exhaust, so it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts