Triumph Bobber Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Today, I went for a ride on the way home in some fast turn ,I saw 90 in 3rd and 95 in 4th . I couldn't see the RPM ,but I was not on the rev-limiter in 4th. It sucks 4th can hit 95 ,but 5th and 6th only see 110. Should be capable of at least 135.

·
Registered
895 Posts
But , to go 95 in 4th and only get 14 mph more in 5th and 6th is just a cruiser gear ,
I guess. I have TEC 303 cam and exhaust to install. Already did BAAK air box removal and PCV V.

Sounds like you have your mods lined up nicely. I'd reccomend a DNK tune to get the most from those intake/exhaust mods. They can raise the redline for each gear so gears 1-3 will actually top out at higher MPH. Dont see sprockets on your mod list yet. Switch to a 16Tooth front sprocket and 39-42 tooth rear if your still craving a little gearing boost, not going to hurt your top end right. Gears things up and changes the bikes nature. Just dont do anything like disable ABS and TC to go over 110 when you need to slow down you might need those.

·
Registered
895 Posts
But , to go 95 in 4th and only get 14 mph more in 5th and 6th is just a cruiser gear ,
I guess. I have TEC 303 cam and exhaust to install. Already did BAAK air box removal and PCV V.
Sounds like you have your mods lined up nicely. I'd reccomend a DNK tune to get the most from those intake/exhaust mods. They can raise the redline for each gear so gears 1-3 will actually top out at higher MPH. Dont see sprockets on your mod list yet. Switch to a 16Tooth front sprocket and 39-42 tooth rear if your still craving a little gearing boost, not going to hurt your top end right. Gears things up and changes the bikes nature. Just dont do anything like disable ABS and TC to go over 110 when you need to slow down you might need those.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
727 Posts
My new ABS rings work just fine, ran bike up on the dyno with the lower 16-39 gearing it recorded a true speed of 142mph.
ABS & traction control still work, just a little slower to kick in, which is a good thing in regards to TC as I keep forgetting to turn it off,
& it robs me of acceleration when going wide open.

·
Registered
895 Posts
For those who dont know you can turn off T.C. by throwing your bike in neutral press the i button until you cycle through past the digital tac and it will say T.C. on hold down the button and it turns off. Burnouts and wheelies now possible . Careful through curvy, dusty, or gravely roads with it off.

I mean dont go cutting wires or gluing a nickel over the sensor reader.

·
Registered
895 Posts
So I realized last week on the 5th that the speed limiter on our bikes was sinister in nature. After some digging I realized High Councilor Sutler and the party had been working together with big brother to slow us down.

LOOK AT THE FLAG, THEY SPITE YOU WITH YOUR WHEEL SENSOR RING. Look how proud of their corrupt achievement guised under the banner of safety and emissions.

The only answer , a Vendetta...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like you have your mods lined up nicely. I'd reccomend a DNK tune to get the most from those intake/exhaust mods. They can raise the redline for each gear so gears 1-3 will actually top out at higher MPH. Dont see sprockets on your mod list yet. Switch to a 16Tooth front sprocket and 39-42 tooth rear if your still craving a little gearing boost, not going to hurt your top end right. Gears things up and changes the bikes nature. Just dont do anything like disable ABS and TC to go over 110 when you need to slow down you might need those.
[/QUOTE]
I have error codes P0500 vehicle sensor malfunction and P1135 & P1521 .Don't know what the last 2 are. My check engine light stays on and ABS and TC .2600 miles .The little wrench is flashing too .I set the service interval ,but it stays on , anyway. My dealer said leave it and they will work on it. He said I voided warranty by putting on PCV V and aftermarket turn-signals ,maybe I have exposed wire .Sounds like an expensive fix. I love my bike and changed front and rear suspension lights and signals .Have an exhaust and brembo brakes.I have spent gobs of money ,to make it special for me . And it's screwed up with 2600 miles on it. The dealer ripped me off ,bought a new left over 19 model and drove it 1 block and had about 120 miles on it .Paid 2000 dollors for basically oil changes. And now he wants to repair my new bike at his leisure. So upset. 1st bike not japanese and I never had trouble upgrading those.

·
Registered
895 Posts
P1521 is a sensor ring code that
I have error codes P0500 vehicle sensor malfunction and P1135 & P1521 .Don't know what the last 2 are. My check engine light stays on and ABS and TC .2600 miles .The little wrench is flashing too .I set the service interval ,but it stays on , anyway. My dealer said leave it and they will work on it. He said I voided warranty by putting on PCV V and aftermarket turn-signals ,maybe I have exposed wire .Sounds like an expensive fix. I love my bike and changed front and rear suspension lights and signals .Have an exhaust and brembo brakes.I have spent gobs of money ,to make it special for me . And it's screwed up with 2600 miles on it. The dealer ripped me off ,bought a new left over 19 model and drove it 1 block and had about 120 miles on it .Paid 2000 dollors for basically oil changes. And now he wants to repair my new bike at his leisure. So upset. 1st bike not japanese and I never had trouble upgrading those.
[/QUOTE]
This seems significant given your throwing the same codes and it's the same engine and wiring for the most part. From triumphrat

·
Registered
895 Posts
This thread is very NEARLY dead 👿 but today I noticed I hit 120 with traction control on turned it off did the same run and only got 110ish. Was this a fluke or has someone else noticed this? Maybe this is a slightly different top tune that is effected by traction control being on... I am not encouraging you to ride your bike 120 through traffic though. 😇

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are limited to 180 kmh or 112 mph. This is a hard coded limit done by the ecu. I have had mine run up against it, in 5th and 6th, and when it was on the dyno you could actually hear it run up against the governor. so far I have not heard of a way to disable it, not that I have looked that hard mind you.
I have had mine a touch over 200km/h (while performing "competitive riding" with a V-rod)

·
Registered
3 Posts
It could be my imagination, but I have noticed a "dead" spot in acceleration. It has been awhile since I have hit it, but it is probably around the "speed limiter". I could be remembering it wrong, but I think I was in 6th gear when I hit it and the bike wouldn't accelerate further - BUT I changed gears, accelerated past that point and then went back to 6th, and could accelerate further.
I don't know if this was intentional from Triumph, or maybe my speed limiter isn't working as it should (everyone else seems to be hitting a wall, yet my bike has been over 200km/h).
I guess it is possible that my bike is a freak, as many people will argue the Bobber isn't a "go fast" bike - yet I can keep up with V-rods, and I am certain my VTR1000 doesn't accelerate much faster than my Bobber (although the VTR does have a much higher top end - I have had it close to 280.... and I don't see anyway in **** I could hang on to the Bobber at that kind of speed :p )

·
Registered
46 Posts
They are limited to 180 kmh or 112 mph. This is a hard coded limit done by the ecu. I have had mine run up against it, in 5th and 6th, and when it was on the dyno you could actually hear it run up against the governor. so far I have not heard of a way to disable it, not that I have looked that hard mind you.
I got a tune from DNKTunes ,to raise my rev limit and tune my bike for cam ,pipes and pod filters. Runs great but 110 in 4th ,5th and 6th .$200 . Now DNKTunes e-mails me ,says I can remove speed limiter for 20% off ,$180 . I replied them .I was upset I paid them and 1 month later they figured out the speed limiter . What would ,I get 5 or 10 mph .Don't need . I chased some Bmw ,Ducati $40,000 bikes and was there at the stop sign with them looking at me like ,WTF?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts