Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several sets of "bank angle indicators" being worn down off my pegs from scrapping and the underside of my exaust getting scratched up i finally bit the bullet and bought a new heavy duty rear suspension spring! I promptly remembered i dont have a spring press to change the spring.... Thankfully i utilized two ratchet tie down straps and managed the swap! Next step is the front suspension, any recomendations for heavy duty front springs?

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Harley's are noted for having a little more bounce in the front forks. Instead of changing out the fork springs, you may want to try a heavier fork oil. I went up 5 weight and it really improved the handling on the Harley. Could work for the Triumph. It's cheap and easy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’m very interested in this as well, can you tell us a little more on spring rate,is it a specific Triumph accessory or is it aftermarket?

Can the sag be set with this set up as well?

·
Registered
306 Posts
After several sets of "bank angle indicators" being worn down off my pegs from scrapping and the underside of my exaust getting scratched up i finally bit the bullet and bought a new heavy duty rear suspension spring! I promptly remembered i dont have a spring press to change the spring.... Thankfully i utilized two ratchet tie down straps and managed the swap! Next step is the front suspension, any recomendations for heavy duty front springs?
Those "bank angle indicators" and exhausts are going to get scraped regardless of the suspension. Only rear sets and upswept exhausts (if such things exist for the Bobber) would improve that situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts