Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I keep meaning to do this but haven’t gotten around to it. Did you cut the vinyl to size and wrap or just wrap and trim?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gents,

I cut a portion of automotive grade vinyl wrap around 140x145mm

Removed ancillaries from the fork tube and wrapped. Helps to get a second pair of hands and a hair drier to keep it mailable. The key part is keeping it square to the top yoke, the bottom doesn’t matter so much as the indicator covers it.
Then you bolt everything back on and job’s a goodun!

It’s a really cheap mod, but really effective I think

I have a load of the stuff left over, more than happy to cut some pieces and post them, I’d have to check postage costs for you guys across the pond though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for the tips and offer. Luckily I have a lot of left over vinyl wrap. Like Roy, I’ll have to add it to my list of to do’s.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wouldn’t be problematic... the film is only 100 micron (4 thou to you Americans) do fork removal wouldn’t be an issue

·
Registered
962 Posts
It wouldn’t be problematic... the film is only 100 micron (4 thou to you Americans) do fork removal wouldn’t be an issue
If you remove the forks in the future please let us know how that works out for you. If you ever removed forks from the triple you might have noticed that it's impossible to lower the tubes without some twisting and wiggling. 100 microns may not sound like much but you have to double that thickness in reality.

Chico

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kinda think you’re making a problem where there isn’t one... I’m not removing the forks every week, and if I was, I would just peel the film off . Simple 😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts