Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have decided to do it again. I was so impressed with the horn on my ole 2010 Thunderbird (TB) that I'd replaced my feeble T100 horn a couple years ago with a TB horn. I only had to use the TB horn once on the T100, but was 'glad that it was there when I needed it.

I've got the same issue with the Bobber horn being similarly feeble. So, for $25 for the new TB horn from the dealer, first chance I get, I'll get one installed. The TB horn is plastic, but with the bracket, can be bent to keep it away from the pipes.

Will send pictures when installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have decided to do it again. I was so impressed with the horn on my ole 2010 Thunderbird (TB) that I'd replaced my feeble T100 horn a couple years ago with a TB horn. I only had to use the TB horn once on the T100, but was 'glad that it was there when I needed it.

I've got the same issue with the Bobber horn being similarly feeble. So, for $25 for the new TB horn from the dealer, first chance I get, I'll get one installed. The TB horn is plastic, but with the bracket, can be bent to keep it away from the pipes.

Will send pictures when installed.
Hi DevilDog,

just for replacing the horn there is also another possibility...

https://wunderkind-custom.com/de/motorradzubehoer-shop-details/141/optik-design/230/hupen-verlegungskit

Regards Frank

·
Registered
94 Posts
Agree. The Bobber horn is not something to make you noted. I got the "Denali SoundBomb Mini Low Tone 113dB Horn" at USD 25 on Amazon. Used the original bracket and shaped it to suit by brute force in the vice. And now I am heard when the horn is sounded ;-)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Agree. The Bobber horn is not something to make you noted. I got the "Denali SoundBomb Mini Low Tone 113dB Horn" at USD 25 on Amazon. Used the original bracket and shaped it to suit by brute force in the vice. And now I am heard when the horn is sounded ;-)
You got pics?

Chico

·
Registered
94 Posts
The bike is in winter storage now so I had to enlarge that part in a not too good picture, but guess good enough for you to get the idea how it looks. Note that the Denali SoundBomb is recommended place opening downwards the way I have done it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As promised, here's the Thunderbird horn on the Bobber and I'm delighted.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts