Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Roy, have you tried disconnecting the throttle position sensor and throttle grip sensor to check condition of the pins? If you're sure you have a good connection, maybe try turning on the ignition a few times without starting the bike. Pushing the throttle back all the way (like when resetting cruise control) may be of some help. Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it, so let us know if you do.

As a deep dive, you may wish to satisfy this particular test: (attached)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gents,

Any mechanical boffins have any 'hacks' for this?

My ignorance on such things knows no bounds, so I tried a couple of 12 min tunes (colt and hot), kept throttle closed and turned ignition on/off a few times but no significant change.

It's not really bad, most seems a hair slow, so I'm guessing needs re-setting but without a dealership close, still wondering if there is a 'home cure' for a TPS reset?

Thoughts?

Cheerio,
Roy

·
Registered
375 Posts
Roy, do you have TuneECU? It sounds like you may have to do the reset adaptation, if you have preinstalled cc you probably know what has to be done, to get it back
After all my upgrades, I did it and it perked the bike right up!
Not only that but it straightened out the idle.
Just a thought, I hope you can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that.

No I don't have a 'TuneECU' don't even know what one is - I'm pretty low tech.

I did do some research online and one (Triumph) mechanic mentioned the system 'learns over time' and will eventually 'tune' itself, so sort of hoping for that.

To be honest, it's not really bad, just every so slightly off.

Cheerio,
Roy

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's fairly simple stuff, Roy. The TuneECU software is an app you can download onto your Android phone or tablet. Then in combination with a specific Bluetooth OBD plug (in this case the OBDLink LX or MX model), you can read fault codes, reset service interval warning light, reset adaptation -- same as doing the 12 minute tune -- and you can even use it to upload a new and improved map to your ECU. As a side note, the TuneECU developer also indicated that the adaptation process can be accomplished (after an "adaptation reset") simply by allowing the ECU to learn / integrate whatever you've added to the bike that effects the parameters for fueling and throttle response. Just let the bike's computer figure it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for that.

No, I don't have a 'TuneECU' don't even know what one is - I'm a pretty low-tech.

I did do some research online and one (Triumph) mechanic mentioned the system 'learns over time and will eventually 'tune' itself, so sort of hoping for that.

To be honest, it's not really bad, just ever so slightly off.

Cheerio,
Roy
I read that somewhere also while riding it enters a closed-loop mode. It learns as you ride, at least that's what I gathered from the article.
Pretty cool if you think about it. The bike learns on the fly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts