Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think he will burn out and fade away like the Chopper Builders of the late 90s early Noughties, overpriced, nonsense, he has gotten very greedy
I just can't see the point. It's supposed to be a single seat motorcycle.
Refuses to sell his wheel sets and wants 700 quid for his light bar unit which you someone has copied for 180?! I said to someone that I'd buy his for 200 quid which I thought it would be if he released it. Then saw it was 700. Er....no!

·
Banned
1,209 Posts
Refuses to sell his wheel sets and wants 700 quid for his light bar unit which you someone has copied for 180?! I said to someone that I'd buy his for 200 quid which I thought it would be if he released it. Then saw it was 700. Er....no!
no doubt he has skills (and he does} but you have to wonder if he is being bank rolled somewhere along the line, no way will people continue to pay those outrageous prices for stuff that can be copied for next to nothing

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm not a fan , probably as I'm a solo rider and bought the bike as such.

Like keeping up with his vids but after the under seat price was revealed I've had to be realistic on any purchase I make and where I invest .

Long live places like November customs in Newcastle .

Any other small garages doing bobber parts

Hitchcox motorcycles , Vickers motorcycles etc

Keep em coming .

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not a fan , probably as I'm a solo rider and bought the bike as such.

Like keeping up with his vids but after the under seat price was revealed I've had to be realistic on any purchase I make and where I invest .

Long live places like November customs in Newcastle .

Any other small garages doing bobber parts

Hitchcox motorcycles , Vickers motorcycles etc

Keep em coming .
Agreed. I think the initial bobbers0 he customised were the dogs bollocks because I like aggressive looking bikes, but to not cash in on selling parts at reasonable prices has been a big mistake and this pillion version just adds to it.

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Bobber Black
189 Posts
Rims are excel maybe go direct & get some made up.
Lots of these 'custom' bikes throw away the mudguards, fit fat weird tyres, do a couple of mods & the ars* kissers are all over them. I think most of them look sh*t.
I contacted excel it's not the rim that's the problem its the hub and he has them produced elsewhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Someone has copied the light bar? Where’d you see that?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wouldn’t spend the money for his stuff but if I had money to burn, maybe I would. Some people have more money than sense and that’s the market he serves. From what I read, he sells everything he makes so good for him. Like Beardedbobber said above, there are great shops like the ones he mentioned popping up making outstanding parts for the rest of us so it’s all good

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree the pillion seat is like marmite, people will love it or hate it.
For people moaning about his prices, it’s a personal choice, his work is a very high quality and yes copies of it are far cheaper, but the quality is not the same in most cases.
I think it is quite sad some people on this forum feel the need to run him down, instead of wishing him luck.
His work may not be for everyone, but he is an innovator and produces some high quality products.

·
Registered
972 Posts
That’s really not the same thing. The Thornton one is an entire new seat post one piece pre wired with Kellerman lights isn’t it?
Yeah that brand new replica seat unit costs you approx £500 . Each to their own, however I'm happy with a bolt on / drilled and attached part that saves me ' hundreds '... See what I did there ... Delivers same end result
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah that brand new replica seat unit costs you approx £500 . Each to their own, however I'm happy with a bolt on / drilled and attached part that saves me ' hundreds '... See what I did there ... Delivers same end result View attachment 48876
Nice. Ive been looking for a similar alternative. I’m with you - looks the same and saves cash for other mods.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts