Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t decide between the new Bobber or a 1200 Sportster. Haven’t had a bike in awhile and I think I’m gonna go pick up a new one! Pretty stoked.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have had both, I would say the Bobber is a better bike all round but I loved my 1200 Nightster and wish I had never sold it, there is something about a V Twin....hey its up to you go ride them both

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have a Speedmaster 1200 and would recommend the Bobber or Speedmaster over a Sportster.
I have had Sportsters over the years and loved them all.
But the Sportster is quite old technology compared to the much more modern Triumphs.
The Triumph 1200 twin engine out performs the Sportster in most areas.
I'm not adverse to buying another Sportster but wouldn't have one to replace the Speedmaster.
Best Sportster I had was 883 converted to 1200 seemed to be bit bit sharper than std. 1200.
Each to his own, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever way you go.
This was my last Sportster from a few years back, screaming Eagle Stage 11.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My wife has a soft tail slim which is a 103 engine and my bobber will absolutely eat that harley for lunch. A sportster wouldn't be any comparison to the triumphs

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Had a HD Low Rider for years but when it came to new bikes, it was an Indian Scout and the Bobber. The Triumph‘a difference in weight and handling vs. the HD is very noticeable. And for looks, The Bobber just does it for me.

At some point, HD will probably dig themselves out of their deep hole (The Pan America is a very good start but a very tough, competitive category). But, for now and I suspect the immediate future, they have nothing that provides the visceral appeal of the Bobber.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Before I got my Bobber I test rode a HD 48. That thing vibrated so much I thought my fillings would fall out! I am still tempted to get one though, maybe even a Nightster, as they are are a total different ride to the Bobber. The only thing I prefer the HD over the Bobber is the sound and look of the exhaust options. You just can't get that lovely V-twin sound or looks from the Bobber.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Before I got my Bobber I test rode a HD 48. That thing vibrated so much I thought my fillings would fall out! I am still tempted to get one though, maybe even a Nightster, as they are are a total different ride to the Bobber. The only thing I prefer the HD over the Bobber is the sound and look of the exhaust options. You just can't get that lovely V-twin sound or looks from the Bobber.
the other thing I found when I owned my Nightster (and this is no disrespect to the guys/Gals on here) but the owners on the H-D Forums seemed to be more creative and more skilled with a spanner, most on here (including me i might add) want it to be all plug n play or made by Motone, which is ok but a lot of these bikes are now looking the same (except Roys Bagger thing) ....I would have my Nightster back in a heartbeat if I could keep my Bobber as well
882669_10151341137225264_1423524498_o.jpg

·
Registered
358 Posts
the other thing I found when I owned my Nightster (and this is no disrespect to the guys/Gals on here) but the owners on the H-D Forums seemed to be more creative and more skilled with a spanner, most on here (including me i might add) want it to be all plug n play or made by Motone, which is ok but a lot of these bikes are now looking the same (except Roys Bagger thing) ....I would have my Nightster back in a heartbeat if I could keep my Bobber as well View attachment 49316
Yeah, the Bobber seems to be quite the low maintenance bike but there is a cost barrier to doing any decent and unique custom upgrades. If I see a HD going for a steal I may pick one up if only to have something to tinker with.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have had both, I would say the Bobber is a better bike all round but I loved my 1200 Nightster and wish I had never sold it, there is something about a V Twin....hey its up to you go ride them both
Came.on to say the same , had two sportys before the bobber . 2001 XLH and a 2014 iron 883 , good bikes . Stress Good .

Bobber is GREAT in comparison in my view

·
Registered
2018 triumph bonneville bobber black
3 Posts
Just like most responses, I Really enjoyed my sportster, customized it to my liking, got lots of looks. Handled well too. But love my bobber black, so powerful, handles great, more comfortable for longer rides, lots off compliments, best bike I've ever had. Either way, enjoy and ride safe

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sportster engine design could REALLY use an update , its almost 40 Years Old. The 1200 Custom prototype looked pretty nice and it would be worth the wait for a entire refresh if your set on a Harley. The Bobber has a great handling and riding nature, and it's a pretty aggresive bike stock. I've really enjoyed mine so far and the best part is its alot more unique with a relatively new engine design with great low end torque.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts