Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I see a pic of a Bobber that had been dropped today and the damaged certainly didn’t look cheap! :surprise:

What’s people’s general thoughts on them? Bike in question is a Bobber Black.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can see why you would fit them to a heavyweight tourer but IMHO a bobber should be about taking things off NOT adding things on. If you want fat and bulky bobber buy a Speedmaster! >:) But each to their own, if you like the look and want the extra insurance they provide in a low speed spill then go for it 0:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Crash bars or sliders? There's really no way to make cash bars look good on bikes other than adventure and tourers. Something like the Bobber would look off with them, but sliders shouldn't look too out of place though they do provide less protection. There are other bits you could add as well like crank case protectors. How much do you care about the Bobber's overall looks compared to the extra insurance?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I did not like the look of the case guard )crash bars). I used R & G Sliders, they are far less obvious and I do not mind the looks. From the front they protect the engines and headers and tank
I was looking at the R&G sliders a couple of weeks ago and I really like the look of them, but wasn't sure how they'd look on my bike. I really like how unobtrusive they look in this pic. Thanks for sharing it!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I did not like the look of the case guard )crash bars). I used R & G Sliders, they are far less obvious and I do not mind the looks. From the front they protect the engines and headers and tank
Could you help us with some front and front 3/4 shots pleeze?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I much prefer the look of those to the crash bars... I’ll add those to my shopping list thanks!
:wink2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m not a fan of these crash/dresser bars but I’m the same as chezqui need some different angled pics please ?? ?️
The conversation has moved on from the crash bars. We’re now discussing what’s i feel to be a more asthetically pleasing option that is the slider bars. I think that’s also what chezqui would like to see some pics of from the front?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m not a fan of these crash/dresser bars but I’m the same as chezqui need some different angled pics please ?? ?️
The conversation has moved on from the crash bars. We’re now discussing what’s i feel to be a more asthetically pleasing option that is the slider bars. I think that’s also what chezqui would like to see some pics of from the front?
Thread says thoughts on crash bars an that what you got my thoughts !!
The only reason my first reply to this was after yours was due to I stared writing but got sidetracked and when I finished and pressed send it went up 23 mins after your reply of going with sliders instead !!
I also wrote I’m with chez as in need more angled pics = from the front-3/4-even looking down ffs

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thread says thoughts on crash bars an that what you got my thoughts !!
The only reason my first reply to this was after yours was due to I stared writing but got sidetracked and when I finished and pressed send it went up 23 mins after your reply of going with sliders instead !!
I also wrote I’m with chez as in need more angled pics = from the front-3/4-even looking down ffs
FFS... really?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FFS... really?
Just to follow up... I really wasn’t looking to ruin your day or to p!ss you off. I assumed you had just picked up if the thread title and thought as a courtesy I’d bring you up to speed. I don’t think aches was asking for front shots of the bike with crash bars, I think he was asking for front shots of the sliders as in the pics.

In any case don’t take any of what I’ve written to heart, for the record I’m not the kind of guy who would deliberately try to get under anyone’s skin :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I like how a question is asked about something, and options are presented from what other people may have done.

I'd like to see more pictures of both the crash bars, and the sliders, from different angles and also to know more information on how much do they protect.

As one of the members stated, the crash bars and likely the sliders will not do much for your bar/handles/mirrors. R&G offers bar end sliders which I do like. For the R&G, if I had them, I'd likely try to cover up the white or plastic branding.

My opinion thus far is, it's up to what you like....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like how a question is asked about something, and options are presented from what other people may have done.

I'd like to see more pictures of both the crash bars, and the sliders, from different angles and also to know more information on how much do they protect.

As one of the members stated, the crash bars and likely the sliders will not do much for your bar/handles/mirrors. R&G offers bar end sliders which I do like. For the R&G, if I had them, I'd likely try to cover up the white or plastic branding.

My opinion thus far is, it's up to what you like....
Looking at R&G’s site it seems they offer sliders for just about every area of the bike that’s likely to come into contact with the ground should the worse happen. All in it works out to be just over £200. Not cheap but compared to damage in the event of dropping the bike it’s a **** bargain!

I’m 100% with you regarding covering up the lettering. I’d like them to be a discreet as possible personally. :smile2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Whoa no need for anyone to get testy. I have attached some photos from the front and as as a 3/4 front. As you will see the R&G sliders extend beyond the exhaust and engine cases. I think both the sliders and the engine guards will offer the same limited protection to some of the front components. But let's get real. I also have a HD 2014 CVO Road King. A very expensive investment. Without REAL full front and rear crash bars like the Harley or my Triumph T'bird, the bike will suffer damage. That is not offered for the bobber and would not look right anyway. All of these protective measures really only help in a static drop/fall, they will be of little help in a real slide.

As to R&B branding their products, I have no problem at all with that. These companies cannot continue without making a profit. My bet is that no one will black out the Brembo branding on their calipers or the exhaust branding on their V & H exhausts.

Finally sorry about the pictures quality I had to take these in my garage and it is raining here in sunny Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whoa no need for anyone to get testy. I have attached some photos from the front and as as a 3/4 front. As you will see the R&G sliders extend beyond the exhaust and engine cases. I think both the sliders and the engine guards will offer the same limited protection to some of the front components. But let's get real. I also have a HD 2014 CVO Road King. A very expensive investment. Without REAL full front and rear crash bars like the Harley or my Triumph T'bird, the bike will suffer damage. That is not offered for the bobber and would not look right anyway. All of these protective measures really only help in a static drop/fall, they will be of little help in a real slide.

As to R&B branding their products, I have no problem at all with that. These companies cannot continue without making a profit. My bet is that no one will black out the Brembo branding on their calipers or the exhaust branding on their V & H exhausts.

Finally sorry about the pictures quality I had to take these in my garage and it is raining here in sunny Florida.
Thanks for the pics and your take on things. I have to say I’m really keen on the slider idea. I noted that on the R&B site that they offer rear mounting and an exhaust mounted slider too. Did you consider these or in your opinion are they not required?

And just for the record... I did not at any point expose my own personal, “testy’s” :grin2:

·
Registered
709 Posts
But let's get real. I also have a HD 2014 CVO Road King. A very expensive investment. Without REAL full front and rear crash bars like the Harley or my Triumph T'bird, the bike will suffer damage. That is not offered for the bobber and would not look right anyway. All of these protective measures really only help in a static drop/fall, they will be of little help in a real slide.
I couldn’t agree more and for those of you that don’t agree here’s a car you might like:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
thanks mike J for the info and photos. i really like going this route instead of the crash bars. i was considering the crash bars offered by A&J which in my opinion are far better than the triumph crash (or as they call "dresser") bars. a recall a member (you can probably find his thread somewhere on the site) had installed these they looked pretty good.

attached photos are from A&Js site.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rear Sliders

Thanks for the pics and your take on things. I have to say I’m really keen on the slider idea. I noted that on the R&B site that they offer rear mounting and an exhaust mounted slider too. Did you consider these or in your opinion are they not required?

And just for the record... I did not at any point expose my own personal, “testy’s” :grin2:
Yes I have the exhaust protectors, I just have not put them on yet. I don't think the rear sliders will really protect anything.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts