Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Any of you Brit riders read this month’s Bike magazine?

Good, honest article about long(ish) term ownership of the Bobber. Look after your spokes everybody!
Can you share some of the highlights about what they said regarding the spokes and other care items?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Don’t over think or panic on the spokes. I haven’t read the article but many of these articles just want something to write about.

Back to spokes:

If you check your spokes, do just that..check them for tighteness. I have seen guys mess up spoked wheels by thinking that checking them meant tightening them every time. Just place a wrench on the nipple and make sure it is snug. No need to crank on it and pull the wheel out of true.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Don’t over think or panic on the spokes. I haven’t read the article but many of these articles just want something to write about.

Back to spokes:

If you check your spokes, do just that..check them for tighteness. I have seen guys mess up spoked wheels by thinking that checking them meant tightening them every time. Just place a wrench on the nipple and make sure it is snug. No need to crank on it and pull the wheel out of true.
Ok I see... I assumed it was corrosion related.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you share some of the highlights about what they said regarding the spokes and other care items?
It’s just that the spokes rust easily. The only other major-ish issue was that the indicator switch became sticky after a while.

Other than that, it was the usual stuff - great engine, handling, comfort, economy, etc., etc.

They loved the fact that despite the radical look, the bike performs like a well sorted modern roadster - pretty much what we all knew already!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts