Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That day finally came.. :(
Was checking rear tire air pressure, gently moving the bike with my hand.. and some point.. was leaning on bike assuming it had the side stand and it didn't!!

So the bike fell...slowly, gently on me and took me down as well..and we fell slowly on my wife's 3 week old kayak 馃槥...

Here are some pics.
Pic1: how and where it fell...

Damages: Pic 2 slight misplaced handlebar. The handlebar itself is not bent.
Pic 3 and 4: This rubber thing that sits in this hole and helps the side stand not clang when its pulled up.

Any suggestions on how to realign the handlebar and quick fixes for the rubber thing?

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That day finally came.. :(
Was checking rear tire air pressure, gently moving the bike with my hand.. and some point.. was leaning on bike assuming it had the side stand and it didn't!!

So the bike fell...slowly, gently on me and took me down as well..and we fell slowly on my wife's 3 week old kayak 馃槥...

Here are some pics.
Pic1: how and where it fell...

Damages: Pic 2 slight misplaced handlebar. The handlebar itself is not bent.
Pic 3 and 4: This rubber thing that sits in this hole and helps the side stand not clang when its pulled up.

Any suggestions on how to realign the handlebar and quick fixes for the rubber thing?
Handlebar taken care of..

Attachments

Registered
Bit of a bummer. I'm surprise the handlebars shifted. I dropped mine second ride out by forgetting that the steering lock was on - all my other bikes it works off the ignition barrel. I now have frame sliders fitted.

The stopper for the sidestand may temporarily glue back together with a rubber glue but it won't last forever.

Did the kayak survive ok?

Reactions: MGR

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So for some reason I stopped getting notifications on replies here. Checked the forum and found all these replies. The kayak is ok, the wife was not happy, it her kayak. But she prefers my life over it so I'm good after the fall and she happy.

I haven't taken the bike out yet, coz everyone keeps scaring me with motorbike accidents.. neighbours, friends, colleagues. What's funny is I have fallen in india, had bad accidents, tasted the road, torn ligaments.. but now I wonder if I should return to that exciting life again..

Registered
Riding on two wheels is a dangerous mode of transportation. Only you should be the one who decides whether the risk is worth the pleasure. There are many activities that can be dangerous yet many people still participate in them. Crossing the street can be risky, being in a car, the list is endless. At the end of the day we need to decide for ourselves how much risk we are willing to take.

Chico

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very true. I've had ACL reconstruction, right and left knee after 2 separate accidents that tore each one. I've fallen from parked bikes, loss of control, skids, loss of traction. But when there is a gap in motorcycling, u feel like Rocky Balboa, semi retired, scared and if u want to come back or stay retired... but true love always truimphs (pun intended)

Registered
Probably everyone on here has had some sort of spill on a bike, 4 times for me, but I've got friends that waited till they were in their 50s to get a m/c. I think people need more experience than," I had a mini bike when I was a kid ". NONE of them lasted more than a year or two. Accident close calls made them sell their toys for something safer

Registered
I've been down three times. All three falls were my fault and all were slow speed falls . . . but they cost a lot to repair. As I get older I get more hesitant about riding but I haven't stopped yet.

Registered
I've come to in a storm water drain at 4 am one morning thanks to a T junction, 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul, I may as well give it all away if I can't ride anymore

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all so much. When you read such stories of vulnerability you know you have humans in the group. And then you read how they overcame it and you realize the super humans in them :)

Registered
Sometimes I whine about pains and my wife suggest I get one of my babies converting into a trike and I tell her, !^%#[email protected]梅 a trike. If I can't hold this bitc& up, I'll walk. Maybe with a cane or something else. 2 wheels 4 ever!!!
I've thought about getting a sidecar. 馃槼

1 - 16 of 16 Posts