Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined.
I currently ride a BMW R1200 RT - a brilliant tourer that does pretty much everything really well........ Except that I dislike its looks and sound! I am seriously looking at Triumphs, my son has a 2012 Speedmaster which I love to ride. I've also test driven the T120 - nice but hard work on the arse after an hour and very blowey without any kind of wind shield. Love the look of the Bobber but because I like to go cruising - typically less than 1000 mile round trips (In the U.K. that's end to end of the country!), so my questions are around suitability. Have any of you guys put on a screen? Do you tour? Would you recommend the bike for occasional long distance? I'm thinking that seat must be a blessing?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I recently took an almost 2000 mile round trip from Los Angeles, CA to Oregon. I did not experience any pain in the rear end. The seat was comfortable for me and wind was not an issue. I kept my speed around 70mph so I would guess that helped with reducing the wind. All in all it was a very enjoyable trip.

·
Registered
70 Posts
To me the Bobber is a casual round town ride that might see a run to the nearby hills a few times a year. If your getting bored with the BMW then a Triumph Tiger might suit you better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Bobber is an awesome bike and I have done 600k's one-day trips with the Bobber, it was awesome but tiring. Thats why I have both - Tiger & Bobber. Tiger is a work horse and eat hundreds of K's a day without noticing. The Bobber ... Pub lunches, late afternoon blasts or breakfast somewhere nice - usually 200km's trip - no more. Love Both!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I appreciate your thoughts. On the Tiger issue, I used to have the BMW GSA - similar sort of bike. It reminded me that, like a lot of bikers, the ideal position is to have 2, for different occasions. This is clearly the answer! I'm wondering if I might wait for the 1200 version of the Speedmaster, which I think will arrive at the autumn shows and in stores for 2018......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts