Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. Most of you are aware but please check your pride and joy for the little small GPS trackers if you have been to a meet ect where you have let your bike.
I am aware that a couple of friends have had there bikes stolen after being at a regular biker haunt. It was found that the rats were putting tiny GPS on magnets or with tape on the bikes and visiting their garages later that evening.
Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Wow...I suppose I should get out of the habit of leaving my key in the ignition when it's parked in the garage, to make it harder to swipe.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ferkin low life as*holes.

I've discreetly installed a tracker on my ride and hard wired in a LiPo back-up battery pack which gives me about 3 months active stand-by time if the cretins disconnect the battery. Squeezed it all in under the left side air filter (air-box delete not on my short list).

We're spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting a GPS tracker. There's those little $20 cheapo buggers, right up to the ones used for trucking and logistics with sophisticated tracking and data logging. So do yourself a favour, buy a good one, somewhere between $100 ~ $200, it's cheap insurance for relative peace of mind. The only on-going charges are for your SIM data. I opted for a 365 day 50Gb deal which works about 50 cents per day on my plan. You could probably negotiate a discount on your insurance premium too

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ferkin low life as*holes.

I've discreetly installed a tracker on my ride and hard wired in a LiPo back-up battery pack which gives me about 3 months active stand-by time if the cretins disconnect the battery. Squeezed it all in under the left side air filter (air-box delete not on my short list).

We're spoiled for choice when it comes to selecting a GPS tracker. There's those little $20 cheapo buggers, right up to the ones used for trucking and logistics with sophisticated tracking and data logging. So do yourself a favour, buy a good one, somewhere between $100 ~ $200, it's cheap insurance for relative peace of mind. The only on-going charges are for your SIM data. I opted for a 365 day 50Gb deal which works about 50 cents per day on my plan. You could probably negotiate a discount on your insurance premium too
Which tracker and battery did you use? I like the idea of a stand alone power source!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts