Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to mention, in the area that I live, this year is going to break the rain fall amounts since weather/rain has been tracked, ever. It's raining right now, and will do so the entire weekend....

It has not been a good year for riding at all......yes, I to am a fair weather rider...I hate washing the Bobber....

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
That has to stink,

Still lots of snow out of the window here but I'm hopeful for the occasional sunny day with dry roads to get our for a spin. I remember all the damp, wet and rain of the UK. Back then I was an all year rider and although I loved being on my bike, it was really no fun at all at times and never being able to keep it clean was frustraiting beyond belief.

As youngsters we would criticize 'fair weather bikers' but now I'm proud to say I'm totally one of those chaps. Must be something to do with age, maturity or just growing up.

Wishing you some sunny or at least dry days Bro.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’m year round, but the Bobber only sees fair weather.
Riding in the snow (clean/safe roads) was absolutely amazing and I must admit that I enjoy riding in the rain - as long as it’s not the first rain of the season and there isn’t a flood alert/torrential downpour.

As for cleaning, i used to enjoy it but now let a professional company deal with the aftermath of bad weather :)
In my defense, they are an environmentally friendly company who only use ecological/non harmful products.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride year round unless it's way to hot, raining, or the roads are shite.

This time of year we also have to worry about wet leaves and it's rut, so lots of Deer running around.

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Just a note to mention, in the area that I live, this year is going to break the rain fall amounts since weather/rain has been tracked, ever. It's raining right now, and will do so the entire weekend....

It has not been a good year for riding at all......yes, I to am a fair weather rider...I hate washing the Bobber....
Your President is resolutely denying the existence of climate change...

·
Registered
117 Posts
That has to stink,

Still lots of snow out of the window here but I'm hopeful for the occasional sunny day with dry roads to get our for a spin. I remember all the damp, wet and rain of the UK. Back then I was an all year rider and although I loved being on my bike, it was really no fun at all at times and never being able to keep it clean was frustraiting beyond belief.

As youngsters we would criticize 'fair weather bikers' but now I'm proud to say I'm totally one of those chaps. Must be something to do with age, maturity or just growing up.

Wishing you some sunny or at least dry days Bro.

Cheerio,

Roy

I can confirm as a resident of UK soil, our weather sucks. I can also confirm at 26 years of age, I'm totally a fair weather dude. I used to ride in all weathers before I got my car license, and it wasn't enjoyable at all. Had a fair share of memorable and also forgettable moments in the rain. Made me a better rider though, that's for sure.

Where are you from in the UK Roy? I envy your move to the States, good on you buddy.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
I can confirm as a resident of UK soil, our weather sucks. I can also confirm at 26 years of age, I'm totally a fair weather dude. I used to ride in all weathers before I got my car license, and it wasn't enjoyable at all. Had a fair share of memorable and also forgettable moments in the rain. Made me a better rider though, that's for sure.

Where are you from in the UK Roy? I envy your move to the States, good on you buddy.

Cheers,

Matt
Hi Matt,

Thanks for that mate.

I'm a Shropshire lad, came to the US to see my sister over 13 years ago and just never went back. Since then I have lived in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico and now Colorado (for the fourth time:surprise:).

Now we are up in the mountains and as of today snowed in again but all good fun.

I recall as a young biker in Shropshire me and my mates refused to get cars and rode all year round (we were young and foolish). After getting frostbite one winter riding my Bonnie to Wolverhampton I finally succumbed and at the age of 24 finally took my car test. Never really bought a car though just waited for friends and family to take pity on me and give me an old banger for the winter. Good job as all my money went on bikes..:grin2:

Stay safe Matt, those winter roads in the UK can be treacherous, lost count of the number of times I dropped a bike on ice, snow, slush, oil, gravel, diesel, etc. You get the idea..:crying:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Being in the northwest, I’ve ridden in rain quite a few times but, almost always after I’ve started out in clear weather and got caught. But, my choice is always fair weather, when I can just enjoy the ride. During the winter months, I don’t ride unless it’s one of those occasional cold but sunny days that just begs for a short ride just to remind me of the longer rides to come.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Matt,

Thanks for that mate.

I'm a Shropshire lad, came to the US to see my sister over 13 years ago and just never went back. Since then I have lived in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico and now Colorado (for the fourth time:surprise:).

Now we are up in the mountains and as of today snowed in again but all good fun.

I recall as a young biker in Shropshire me and my mates refused to get cars and rode all year round (we were young and foolish). After getting frostbite one winter riding my Bonnie to Wolverhampton I finally succumbed and at the age of 24 finally took my car test. Never really bought a car though just waited for friends and family to take pity on me and give me an old banger for the winter. Good job as all my money went on bikes..:grin2:

Stay safe Matt, those winter roads in the UK can be treacherous, lost count of the number of times I dropped a bike on ice, snow, slush, oil, gravel, diesel, etc. You get the idea..:crying:

Cheerio,

Roy

You remind me of myself, what? Only 6+ years ago :laugh:

I also chose the bike life over that of a car, mates got their 4 wheel luxury, but nothing was on par with the freedom of a motorcycle. Being silly and riding in ridiculous weathers was all part of the fun/learning curve. No harm done to others, just ourselves. :grin2:

Shropshire countryside is a beautiful place at the right time of year. I had a drive through the hills there one summer, when I first got my truck. Went to Bishops Castle and back down throug Clun. Great views on the way. No doubt destroyed by what you've seen in your travels!

Cheers Roy, you too, don't want to lowside it off any snowy mountains now mate. You've come this far. :laugh:

Being in the northwest, I’ve ridden in rain quite a few times but, almost always after I’ve started out in clear weather and got caught. But, my choice is always fair weather, when I can just enjoy the ride. During the winter months, I don’t ride unless it’s one of those occasional cold but sunny days that just begs for a short ride just to remind me of the longer rides to come.

Nail on the head jerrman.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts