Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And for once I am not upset.

Stock fenders, some paddock stand bobbins, an aftermarket brake light, rear fender rack, and not in the picture; black headlight ring.

I'm having an internal debate about going gloss black on everything instead of my usual flat black job.

I'm also considering a VERY small chop of the rear fender to get rid of the holes where the stock lighting usually goes. Basically just taking off the 2-3 inches where the ribbing is. Alternatively I can fabricate a cover, maybe something like -this-

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Matte looks good, could wait for it to scuff up a bit but you do have it all apart so... I always wanted a black car or bike with a subtle deep purple gloss that only reflected under certain angles and lights . Think that a little shorter would be great and you could still use accessories for the factory hardware , if you got the steady hands and eyes just measure thrice and cut once.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My vote would be matte all the way, always loved the look way more than gloss for black.
I like the idea of the cover, my personal opinion for the bobber rear end setup (anything behind the back of the seat) is that it should either: 1. disappear, which makes the bike look way sleeker overall, or 2. completely stand out in a unique way, like the indian scout two-tones do. I prefer #2 personally. I think a little bit of chrome or aluminum in a cover, like in your link, would look odd and draw attention to a tiny piece all the way in the back. If you did a cover that was black just because you want to cover the holes, I think that'd be neat.

But either way, the person who inherits your old fenders is one lucky guy!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My vote would be matte all the way,
I think matte has won. It is my usual style, flat black with very few little chrome bits scattered around. I think the only chrome on my old girl is the headlight ring and the badges.

the person who inherits your old fenders is one lucky guy!
Hah! They will look slick on your bike too ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts