Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Stood back and had a look behind the bike, trying to imagine the light strip flush with the seat pan. Looks nigh on impossible to be viewed -- especially in daylight -- given the angle of the seat, unless you squat down some.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I like the idea that the light will look much more "incorporated" into the seat. Will the LED strip be clear with red/yellow LEDs that light up when used (running lights, brake lights brighter and both signals) or is the whole strip going to be red all the time?
Well, it depends but Im leaning towards it being all Red (stop/running only) for a couple of reasons - 1 if we buy a strip setup (rather than make tools for a new one ) theres only one that is e marked legal at least in one piece. 2 the distance between the two signals needs to be far enough apart to be road legal in some places

Thing is every country is different and not only that but every tester might have their own interpretation of the rules

right now where we are (south wales uk) - you can really do a lot to your bike without any troubles at all. I know that in Germany things are much more strict, so I think the turn signals for example need to be within 30cms of the number plate etc.....

So yea - to be determined - probably Stop light only although lets see

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Stood back and had a look behind the bike, trying to imagine the light strip flush with the seat pan. Looks nigh on impossible to be viewed -- especially in daylight -- given the angle of the seat, unless you squat down some.
Note we have our own seat pan we make (called the Cobra) - it has a kick up at the rear which will determine whether this is viable or not - weve included some lugs on the bottom of the pan

so this is another option

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Tool Rim Sports equipment

·
Registered
Bobber Black
284 Posts
Be interested to see a side by side of this seat and the original on a bike - the kick up looks like quite a bit on the CAD. I've added a couple of washers under the front bolt on mine to achieve a bit more lift to stop me sliding backwards, but it's only a minor lift.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Be interested to see a side by side of this seat and the original on a bike - the kick up looks like quite a bit on the CAD. I've added a couple of washers under the front bolt on mine to achieve a bit more lift to stop me sliding backwards, but it's only a minor lift.
This is our Seat using the Bracket as per the Cad although these are of course not our lights as our lights (not out yet)

Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

I am now wondering if the Brake light would be visible enough from this position if it was the LED strip

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is something else we are working on - new intake covers in Black - this is the tool
Oooh I dig this! I use your flat black side covers and I'd buy these in a minute. The fake carbs and intake covers are the only things left on my '22 Gold Line that aren't flat black in that area. Would love to black out the entire engine section!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts