Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - after alot of tweaking on the design we ended up with a final product we a really happy with - this the Rialto our latest rear mudguard (aka Fender) for the Bobber

Its made out of Steel with all the Oem fixings in the correct places so itll last on the road properly unlike some plastic ones that will start to cause trouble after a few thousand miles.

Finished in a Gloss Black

The idea of this is to go with some of our new light rear light kits which are also coming soon - they will mount onto the rear airbox screw location with a special bracket we have cast. The brackets are actually nearly ready - our new 3 in 1s are undergoing lab certification right now so maybe a few more months

The Fender is out now www.motone.co.uk and all good dealers
Peripheral Automotive design Composite material Fender Auto part

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great!

Now integrate a thin LED brake light/signals on the back edge and make that an add-on option :)
We have designed our Cobra seats to take a plate on the bottom with a cutout for an led strip

Just experimenting at the moment with different strip on the market to find the best one presuming we don't make one from ground up

Then we shall make the seat kit

·
Registered
67 Posts
We have designed our Cobra seats to take a plate on the bottom with a cutout for an led strip

Just experimenting at the moment with different strip on the market to find the best one presuming we don't make one from ground up

Then we shall make the seat kit
That's cool too but that's been done to death.

What I'm saying is run it along the back edge of the fender instead. More visible, further back, more streamlined if you design it correctly. It could be super stealth and you wouldn't even notice it there unless it was on. ****, integrate the connections along the fender all the way to the front edge so there are no visible wires as well.

Now go ahead and laugh at my shitty art skills! LOL
Font Drinkware Art Drawing Rectangle

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seat plate will be like this fairly trick in that it'll be subtle - there are others indeed on the market but they look like they are stuck on the bottom of the seat as an afterthought- ours will be frenched in
Automotive lighting Font Oval Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's cool too but that's been done to death.

What I'm saying is run it along the back edge of the fender instead. More visible, further back, more streamlined if you design it correctly. It could be super stealth and you wouldn't even notice it there unless it was on. ****, integrate the connections along the fender all the way to the front edge so there are no visible wires as well.

Now go ahead and laugh at my shitty art skills! LOL
View attachment 56592
Yea I get what you are saying it could be cool. Part of the motivation of this kit was to not have a sensitive led part on the end of such leverage going over pot holes and bumps the leds have to withstand some serious battering to survive.

The dampening that is taken into consideration on the oem fender so that the tail light doesn't shake apart is not inconsiderable

That being said we still have to do some experiments with the led strips that are out there to find the best one so let's see it would be a cool idea in theory

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear ya. In the instructions for the swingarm bag they specifically state not to put your phone in there because "forces", and recommend no more than 2 lbs total in the bag. However a few LEDs have very little mass and solid state is unlikely to fail even with a ton of G's.

You guys have been killing it in this space. I'm sure you'll have a ton of cool options.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The idea of this is to go with some of our new light rear light kits which are also coming soon - they will mount onto the rear airbox screw location with a special bracket we have cast. The brackets are actually nearly ready - our new 3 in 1s are undergoing lab certification right now so maybe a few more months
Glad you're producing some 3 in 1's. Hope they're on the smaller side. Any chance we can get a sneak peak? Wanted to get something soon but perhaps can wait. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad you're producing some 3 in 1's. Hope they're on the smaller side. Any chance we can get a sneak peak? Wanted to get something soon but perhaps can wait. Thanks
We are building them in two different sizes - both larger (the same approx size as our current Billet ones) and smaller

We are calling the ICON and the PICO

Rectangle Black Font Urban design Technology

Idea was to add every high quality feature or option out there and combine into one final product - meaning - the wires are all nicely sheaved in braiding material

We have run the designs of the PCBs through various simulation software - both for vibrations and for moisture - alots gone into these to make sure they are high end and will last a long time on the road

We have also made some rubber bolt covers for the rear side - whether you will need to use these rubber covers or not depends on where/how you are mounting the light of course.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We are building them in two different sizes - both larger (the same approx size as our current Billet ones) and smaller

We are calling the ICON and the PICO

View attachment 56597

Idea was to add every high quality feature or option out there and combine into one final product - meaning - the wires are all nicely sheaved in braiding material

We have run the designs of the PCBs through various simulation software - both for vibrations and for moisture - alots gone into these to make sure they are high end and will last a long time on the road

We have also made some rubber bolt covers for the rear side - whether you will need to use these rubber covers or not depends on where/how you are mounting the light of course.
They look really nice. Thanks for sharing the details. Will be looking at getting a pair (and front signals too if you'll be making matching ones).

I already have your ribbed triline brackets and would mount them at the airbag screw if they'll be compatible with your new lights. Love the rubber boot and braided wires. I've seen others mount different lights on your brackets and they had to find solutions to make the wiring look good. I think the boot and braiding solves that issue.

I presume the lights would need to connect with the rear wiring loom you already produced?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They look really nice. Thanks for sharing the details. Will be looking at getting a pair (and front signals too if you'll be making matching ones).

I already have your ribbed triline brackets and would mount them at the airbag screw if they'll be compatible with your new lights. Love the rubber boot and braided wires. I've seen others mount different lights on your brackets and they had to find solutions to make the wiring look good. I think the boot and braiding solves that issue.

I presume the lights would need to connect with the rear wiring loom you already produced?

Thanks again.
We have made a Bobber specific version of the Trilines actually - they are also not out yet but they are very close we are just making some final adjustments to them - ill post some pics of them - you can make the regular Trilines work also though

As for the loom - yes so far the idea is to plug them into our rear loom - the next missing piece of the puzzle is side mount license plate kit

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Seat plate will be like this fairly trick in that it'll be subtle - there are others indeed on the market but they look like they are stuck on the bottom of the seat as an afterthought- ours will be frenched in View attachment 56593
I like the idea that the light will look much more "incorporated" into the seat. Will the LED strip be clear with red/yellow LEDs that light up when used (running lights, brake lights brighter and both signals) or is the whole strip going to be red all the time?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts