Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to take a long test ride on the SM and i must say another home run for Triumph, the bike rode like a cadillac it was so smooth over bumps and the steering was light and responsive, braking was great! The seat and the riding position were excellent I could easily spend several hours in this saddle. the overall feel of the bike for me was well balanced I wonder if i can buy the shock from the SM to fit on my Bobber, my Bobber rides like a tank compared to this bike! The only thing i didn't like were the handle bars, i don't know how to describe it other than they just felt awkward.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Can’t wait to sit on one and try it out.
Could be a fun bike for me and my sons (and wife when she feel like it) to have an easy weekend ride on.
With a comfort seat and backrest, all blacked out (don’t like any chrome)....mmmmm....

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
The SM looks quite a bit taller than the Bobber, and the handlebars remind me of a beach cruiser bicycle. Definitely a bit more than a 2-seat Bobber anyway. Or am I way off on this initial assessment, Louie?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The SM looks quite a bit taller than the Bobber, and the handlebars remind me of a beach cruiser bicycle. Definitely a bit more than a 2-seat Bobber anyway. Or am I way off on this initial assessment, Louie?
It didn't feel taller to me, but your pretty close on the handlebars it wasn't a bad feel just felt a little awkward to me, then again i am riding a Bobber with the apes. they felt to low, I think i would just have to get used to riding it but other than that its a fantastic bike and i would love to own one.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
It may be me, but there is a fine line of what looks great, and what looks like "I don't like it..." or, "looks like all the other crusiers.."

Triumph has done a **** of a job on the Bobber, Scrambler, Bonneville, Street Twin, and Thruxton. Outside that, the looks, for me, are not for me.

Apologies for not being a Triumph purist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts