Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke down and just bought a 2018 Cranbwrry red two tone. ( phone won't let me post a pic, so I will do that later. ) Was not initially wild about the red, but it's not quite as bright in real life as it has looked in the pictures. And it was the only one in stock, so I got used to it fast. My daughters inheritance isn't going to spend itself after all ...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Broke down and just bought a 2018 Cranbwrry red two tone. ( phone won't let me post a pic, so I will do that later. ) Was not initially wild about the red, but it's not quite as bright in real life as it has looked in the pictures.
I thought just like you, only when you see this colour "in the flesh" can you really appreciate it's beauty!

Congrats mate and have fun with your new bike!

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations. I think some of the desirability of bike ownership is just passing by it in the garage daily. For the past 20 years I have ridden mostly high barred crotch rockets in 4 Speed triples and a Buell. There is beauty in those bikes but every day seeing this bike in my garage is a little shocking and the beauty of it is almost striking. Much better looking than the old Triumphs truth be told. And like someone said ...not a big fan of the bench seat nor do I like the fake plastic fenders protruding from the end of them. I think this bike is destined to be a classic with the metal fenders, solo seat and just the pure dripping of quality. Very nice ride and capable power from what I've found in a couple of short rides...long one to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have fun. I'm certainly enjoying mine. Same color. I keep telling myself that I've got to get a hardtail bag (and probably will eventually, even at $300), yet the dealer gave me a cheap rectangle black cloth bag with stings as straps that is working quite well toting things. 'Was at a fountain pen show yesterday where I bought a few heavy reference books on pens and was able to transport all 50 miles home without issue. With the full-faced helmet on and the bag, it's doubtful I look my age of 65, but hey, it's functional (and at my age, I'm caring less and less about personal appearance) -- the bike itself being another matter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
LOL....I was on the Speed Triple forum for a while and have been on 4 or 5 Tree Guy forums over a decade (banned on the largest) with maybe 20,000 posts where battles rage for weeks with no censorship. Wild west days. That is not including FBook where I just got notification of 31,000 likes so it must be way over that in posts and things are mainly political with me and it can get a little fkn (ooops) rough out there too. Will it catch that :)

edit...re Psycopasta post.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have fun. I'm certainly enjoying mine. Same color. I keep telling myself that I've got to get a hardtail bag (and probably will eventually, even at $300), yet the dealer gave me a cheap rectangle black cloth bag with stings as straps that is working quite well toting things. 'Was at a fountain pen show yesterday where I bought a few heavy reference books on pens and was able to transport all 50 miles home without issue. With the full-faced helmet on and the bag, it's doubtful I look my age of 65, but hey, it's functional (and at my age, I'm caring less and less about personal appearance) -- the bike itself being another matter.
Semper fi

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics, one from the showroom and one from in front of my house. This is the angle I like best, where the seat looks a little more streamlined. I am not as fond of the rearview (that's what my wife said, though she may not have been talking about the bike..).

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts