Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got a Shoei NXR but its not very classic in style. Been looking at the new Shoei Ex-Zero but looking to see what everyone else is wearing?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Hi Anthony,

That's an interesting topic. I must confess most of the time for local runs I don't bother with a helmet. However when I picked up my bike I did grab a crueser style lid but don't like it much.

I am on the lookout for a nice quality retro open faced lid but have not found one yet. I left my fav one in the UK (but bought my goggles) but for the life of me I can't think what make it was. As I recall is was from a northern EU country and not to UK spec. Any help would be great, as I'm sure I would recognize the make if someone mentioned it.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. looking for inspiration, so hoping folks will post theres.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the Bell 500 Ace Cafe Limited Edition with a Biltwell Mirror Bubble Shield.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Hi Anthony,

That's an interesting topic. I must confess most of the time for local runs I don't bother with a helmet. However when I picked up my bike I did grab a crueser style lid but don't like it much.

I am on the lookout for a nice quality retro open faced lid but have not found one yet. I left my fav one in the UK (but bought my goggles) but for the life of me I can't think what make it was. As I recall is was from a northern EU country and not to UK spec. Any help would be great, as I'm sure I would recognize the make if someone mentioned it.

Cheerio,

Roy

P.s. looking for inspiration, so hoping folks will post theres.
One of my favorite ¨Bobber¨ helmets is my Davida. It is ultra low profile and ECE and DOT approved.
Fantastic in every way and i can think of no negative comments after owning and riding with it for over a year and a half.

Are you looking for full face or 3/4 style helmets...?

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
One of my favorite ¨Bobber¨ helmets is my Davida. It is ultra low profile and ECE and DOT approved.
Fantastic in every way and i can think of no negative comments after owning and riding with it for over a year and a half.

Are you looking for full face or 3/4 style helmets...?
YOU GOT IT IN ONE....:grin2::grin2:

That was my helmet back in the UK. I knew I would recognize the name if I heard it, twas on the tip of my tongue..:surprise:

Outstanding and many thanks.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I'm rocking this Bell Bullitt mostly. Unless I'm going to be on the freeway cause the wind noise is out of control on this helmet. Super comfy, and the field of view is amazing.
Very good helmet.
Field of vision is amazing.
Very good aerodynamics upto and beyond legal speeds.
Can’t comment on wind noise as I use ear protection and/or listen to music.
Left a ghastly indent/mark on my forehead after every ride until my wife cut off the offending bits of lining. No such problems anymore!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've currently got a Shoei NXR but its not very classic in style. Been looking at the new Shoei Ex-Zero but looking to see what everyone else is wearing?
I'm keeping an eye on that Shoei Ex Zero as well. For a similar alternative at half the price (depending on paint scheme), there's the originator of that style in the Bell Moto 3. The only downside for me is the need for goggles. I like the look but not the utility of them.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use a pair of AGV RP60 in matte black and another like Kick Buttowski's one on weekends, the latter was chosen by my little son.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out Biltwell....They have great designs.

I’ve been riding with the Biltwell bonanza gloss black. DOT approved, and the most comfortable three-quarter helmet I’ve ever worn. The smoke colored bubble shield works well for day or night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Love the Hedon (pricey!), the Bell Bullitt (wind noise at higher speeds) and that Davida. Not much into 3/4 helmets these days but, those brands make some very cool ones.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have this . . .

I don't wear it. It is a piece of decoration for my shop. A real quality helmet :wink2: that sells for about $25 at WalMart.

An Arai Signet X is my helmet of choice when it ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am quite happy with my Simpson Street Bandit. Added the mirror finish shield to replace the need to have sunglasses on underneath.

Freeway speeds it can get a bit noisy but the fit is perfect.

I love the look of the bell bullitt and the full face from Hedon Workshop but the chin piece was way too close for my preference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Another vote for the Bell Bullett from me... a very retro design with modern levels of air flow. But as mentioned wind noise beyond 70 mph is an issue if not wearing ear protection or in my case listening to music. Not only that... I picked mine up in a design that compliments the British bike theme perfectly and for an astonishingly low price given that it’s carbon fibre also @ just £289.

But I have to say I was nosing around the Shoei Ex-Zero just yesterday and think it’s a great looking lid. I love the drop down visor and it would lend itself well to the option of goggles which appeals. It also fitted really well. Only downside is the price at £360... not a great deal of money I appreciated but for me it isn’t essential right now so I’ll not be buying one.

Here’s a pic of the Bullett...

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26731&stc=1&d=1533227869

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
I stuck a couple hundred thousand miles in DOT approved half helmets riding cruisers through the late 90's into the early 2000's. Then I bought a Scala rider set up for an adventure style helmet I wore for the past 6 years. I became so fond of having music (solo rides) and being able to yak at my buddy that a full face seemed the best fit for me on the Bobber. I wore HJC decades ago , and bought a new HJC CL-17 with the Bobber 3 months ago.

Truth be told , I figured I would be the odd man out here on a Bobber wearing decent protection. Seems many of you lean toward good helmets. Pleasant surprise. The Cruiser crowd tends to buck the helmet idea , nice to be in the company of those that see its merit. This comment isn't to start a helmet debate , just an observation. Starting on Dirt bikes first and riding tight southeastern U.S. woods makes you thankful for a good lid.

Obligatory worthless selfie:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the ‘look’ of my simple gloss black Bell 500 for the Bobber. But I also ride with my Vienna White Schuberth M1, it has a built in Bluetooth sound system so I can do tunes and stay in touch by phone. The M1 is a modified 3/4, with a flip down face mask to keep the bugs out and an additional flip down sun visor. To each his/her own. I do not fully gear up for most of my riding these days but I do normally wear at least Kevlar jeans and a riding jacket.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts