Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this baby in the middle of summer. Went in looking at a used scrambler and just fell in love with this. Loved the way it looked stock and wasn't going to change anything but we all know how that goes.

A list of all the mods thus far
1. Panniers (which the bars will be customized to make a better full rack for longer trips)
2. Side mount plate
3. Mass moto exhaust (not yet fitted due to excellent riding weather)
4. Motodemic adaptive light
5. Watson design st front indicators
6. Black engine covers
7. Handlerbar clamp
8. Throttle body covers

On the fence about what to do for the rear. Options are
1. Leave it as is just a smaller light setup
2. Leave full length fender and make a led strip like I did for my thruxton
3. Chop the fender down to half and do the led strip
4. Mod the seat and put the lights in the seat pan

Day I got her

Today

And that's why I need a full rack. In case I need to travel with my gear. That setup is no fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New air intake coming as well as exhaust installed once I have a free day I want to spend doing that instead of riding.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
On the fence about what to do for the rear. Options are
1. Leave it as is just a smaller light setup
2. Leave full length fender and make a led strip like I did for my thruxton
3. Chop the fender down to half and do the led strip
4. Mod the seat and put the lights in the seat pan
With the motodemic headlight, i think option 4 will look great for the rear setup...

·
Registered
46 Posts
With the motodemic headlight, i think option 4 will look great for the rear setup...
He might want to rethink his firefighter gear if all his lights are going to be in the seat. I agree, it would be a great look. I'm waiting for someone to come up with an integrated led for that fender hoop mount. Someone with a 3d printer could come up with a led lighting strip housing. Gotta find a guy that can make stuff like that.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my plan was to weld up that removable rack for when I need to travel with gear. Whatever light setup I create I was going to basically setup like a separate tow connector/light that I could slap onto the rack and quick connect for when I needed it which wouldn't be often

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks really great! If it would be legal here, I'd have a hard time choosing between these rear end options as well... But since german law is so restrictive I'll be happy to find any legal option... (once I have my Bobber of course...)
great nickname btw... It's been too long since I saw inglourious basterds... ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starting to get cold here so working on some more mods but a small one for now. I really like that brass detail they have on the engine cases so I decided to paint some other pieces to tie it together. Just did the header fins for now, would like to do something small towards the rear of the bike to tie it all together. It’s not high heat paint so we’ll see how well it holds up. So far one small ride and no difference.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I have the chrome pipes on it’ll be way more noticeable.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Getting some winter mods done, new rear light setup coming, fender chopped, chain guard chopped...

Debating on ordering the forward controls from
Wunderkind customs...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally warm enough to put it back together. Still got wire everything up but that shouldn’t take long. Both of those lights are run/turn/brake and then the triumph seat badge is also a run/turn.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Finally warm enough to put it back together. Still got wire everything up but that shouldn’t take long. Both of those lights are run/turn/brake and then the triumph seat badge is also a run/turn.

Looks great, I dig it.

Is it an optical illusion or did you turn/twist your handle bar?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I have to adjust it, I took it apart to paint some stuff and what not so just put it back together didn’t set it up for riding yet.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Yea I have to adjust it, I took it apart to paint some stuff and what not so just put it back together didn’t set it up for riding yet.

Roger that. I like your license plate bracket. One of the nicer ones I have seen. Do you plan on running a light to it? Here in Va, I think we have to have the plate illuminated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I like it but I’d like to somehow move it more centrally but not sure how. Just don’t like how it throws off the symmetry and blocks the pipe.

In nyc you’re suppose to have it illuminated but honestly I just don’t care haha. I don’t plan on illuminating it. A lot of the things on there aren’t technically street legal anyway but oh well. Generally as long as you’re not doing anything stupid they don’t bother you, unless you’re on a crotch rocket. Then they’ll bother you.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts