Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I thought a while about buying a tankpad for my Bobber Black, but didn't bought one yet because I coulnd't find any tankpad or sticker that matches the classic looks. The only ones I can find are those ugly race-look stickers which you definitely don't want on your Bobber. I did find transparant foil but have my doubts on how it looks on matt black.

And yes, in the meanwhile I have a nasty scratch on my tank馃槶. Don't know how it got there, because the zipper isn't even close to the tank while driving, but is it doesn't matter anymore.

==> Does anybody know where to buy a tankpad that fits the matt black looks? (Just to be sure; I don't mean the knee pads)
==> Or how you can fix a scratch? For the usual paintworks I know of these markers to fix small scratches, but in this case I need the paintcode for matt black paint of the Bobber.

Thanks a lot! 馃憤

Registered
I don鈥檛 think what you鈥檙e looking for exists- off the shelf. You鈥檒l be going custom for my 2c

Registered
Other than making a tank centerline out of real leather you could look at - These

Registered
Not sure which one fits the bobber but there ia a chance the one for the thruxton fits it. Have seen a few available.

Registered
I had pondered the Wilder tank straps and while the front hook may work with the bobber, we would need a different method to secure the end closest to the seat. I have no exact measurements to draw from; but I think one of these, fixed under the top/front seat mount bolt, would allow one to thread the strap and anchor, perhaps using either a buckle or rivets.
Loop mounts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts