Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my tank out today. Would not start after I changed the tank with my original tank pump. Can you plug in the wrong electrical sockets? Bolted everything back before test so may have to see if I mixed the plug. Turned key to on but no pump priming noise. Will check tomorrow.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am pretty sure the two plugs under the tank have different sized connectors, so are not interchangeable. I would double check that they are pushed all the way in. Having had a couple of power related gremlins with the indicators it does seem easy to break the connections without intending too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked connectors and they seem to be correct. Display is not showing being in neutral even though it is. Bike does not prime the pump or want to turn over. Have to check fuses? Any thoughts on how I could have mess something when installing the pump unit that would cause this issue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charged battery, checked ground, used spare key, checked all plugs to tank, and nothing. Will have to drain the tank again and see what is going on inside.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remembered pulling a hose inside the tank. I put it back but did not have enough putty to encase it. Does anyone know what this putty material is? It was red/brown in color and very pliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts