Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great start for the week:

My son-in-law (EveryDayRider) fitted some protection on the tank seam - it started to chip at the edges.

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system Tire Wheel

Fuel tank Window Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

Green White Light Vehicle Plant

Cloud Fuel tank Plant Sky Tire

My son-in-law (Aeronautical Engineer) hacked my car computer and now I get CarPlay.

Product Vehicle Car Communication Device Steering wheel

Whoo-hoo !!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That seam weld is the ugliest part of the bobber for me. Would have looked a lot cleaner if they made the tank like the old triumphs with flat/rounded bottom of tank. I have the Morello red tank and painted the seam gloss black with model paint.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey Zippy, you might want to pull that trim off from time to time and check for rusting, because if it allows any amount of moisture from rain or washing to get trapped, you're in for some heartbreak.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Zippy, you might want to pull that trim off from time to time and check for rusting, because if it allows any amount of moisture from rain or washing to get trapped, you're in for some heartbreak.
@Donner, cheers. Good advice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could use painters tape and spray silicone for contrast would avoid any chance of rusting. When I was young I used spray silicone and Plasti-dip to seal off or cover damage.
@BurgerBobber, just trying to hide that ugly, pathetic, cheap-as tank finish.

Reactions: BurgerBobber

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
All I had was rusty junker hand me downs , some J B weld and plasti-dip went along way keeping those busted a$$ hunks of metal going. Spray some stater fluid in the air intake and pewpow back to life. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
399 Posts
That seam weld is the ugliest part of the bobber for me. Would have looked a lot cleaner if they made the tank like the old triumphs with flat/rounded bottom of tank. I have the Morello red tank and painted the seam gloss black with model paint.
That old style tank was very pricey to make. They were done by hand. Mass production has its drawbacks. Here's an example of how they hid the seams:
Automotive design Fender Gas Automotive lighting Bumper

Reactions: zippoParis
1 - 9 of 9 Posts