Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up drilling the tank and using self tapping hex screws with a gasket (of course). I love the look but this was definitely a tough instal and hated drilling the tank

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Pretty much permanent but looks right. I’d probably just use the Motone suction ones as I’d want to be able to reverse it.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
As mentioned above, that’s a gutsy move.
I prefer not to drill and went for a messenger bag. But I’ve also been looking at one of THESE magnetic tank bags. Still not sure I’m going to get one, but it’s on my list just in case.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I’ve used a magnetic tank bag and been silly speeds on sports bikes with them. On the bobber I’ve had a 5 litre petrol can in one on many occasions without issue; mines an Oxford one.. not familiar with the one you’re looking at though.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I was just looking at a small (expandable) bag to carry items like headphones, phone charger, etc. I use SW Motech non-magnetic on my GSA and am very happy with the quality.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Jaymz, that looks fantastic! I would not have the nerve to drill my tank but still . . .

I have two magnetic tank bags by MARSEE. I used to use them on a Ducati S4R. I never had a problem. MARSEE is out of business now.

But back to the tank rack . . . that looks so cool! One of these days I might have enough guts to put one on the rear fender.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks amazing welded to the tank. My tank was already hand painted so welding wasn’t an option for me. Beautiful job

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
After looking at the SW MOTECH and other brands, I settled on (and ordered) THIS magnetic tank bag from The Trip Machine.
It was cheaper ordering via Urban Rider than direct from the manufacturer.
Anyway, I’ll report back once I get it...

·
Registered
410 Posts
I use the Trip Machine bag and like it. Not sure I love the look, but it serves the purpose for reading glasses, extra night glasses, candy, etc. Yes, they raised their price quite a bit since intro. I paid $57 USD delivered 2 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Prices have gone way up since 2017.
But realized i had a voucher to use at UR and paid 50 euros inc. DHL shipping. So definitely a worthwhile transaction in this case.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After looking at the SW MOTECH and other brands, I settled on (and ordered) THIS magnetic tank bag from The Trip Machine.
It was cheaper ordering via Urban Rider than direct from the manufacturer.
Anyway, I’ll report back once I get it...
TRIP MACHINE TANK POUCH looks good. Is there a risk of scratching the tank?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I imagine that it won’t scratch the tank and Forjox has not mentioned anything negative.
I have other TripMachine products and they are all well made.
Anyway, I’ll upload pics once I get it - hopefully without a scratched tank :wink2:

·
Registered
410 Posts
While it doesn’t have a protective material in the tank side, the magnets are strong and using common sense in cleaning the tank and bag before attachment and periodically while also not sliding it around too much will keep scuffing to a minimum. The matte finish tank helps in this matter as well. If my tank was gloss finish, I’d be VERY careful. ?
Another note, if need be, clean the surface where the magnets reside and use some self stick felt padding in that area and you’ll be good to go!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts