Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many who dislike the tank knee pads. My buddy's T-120 on one side was practically falling off when he rode his home. The ones that come stock with the Triumphs are pretty universal...and boring. I took mine off and saw how cheaply they are made. Hollowed out on the backside, very thin. I had these Motone Union Jack Black tank knee pads from a previous Bonnie. Thick rubber. Union Jack carved out from a solid piece of rubber. Nicely done. Just thought I'd share.

Carry on gents and ladies!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like them, they give the bike a more classic look. Got mine off Aliexpress for $8 NZ. Generic, thin rubber, sticks really well as long as you prep tank before applying, has the lines on them that match the lines of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I know there are many who dislike the tank knee pads. My buddy's T-120 on one side was practically falling off when he rode his home. The ones that come stock with the Triumphs are pretty universal...and boring. I took mine off and saw how cheaply they are made. Hollowed out on the backside, very thin. I had these Motone Union Jack Black tank knee pads from a previous Bonnie. Thick rubber. Union Jack carved out from a solid piece of rubber. Nicely done. Just thought I'd share.

Carry on gents and ladies!
Those look really good! Nice addition. Seeing them on yours, I might do them as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look really good! Nice addition. Seeing them on yours, I might do them as well.
You may have already researched, but you can get them straight off of Amazon. Plus they are less expensive than the Triumph branded ones and of better quality.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You may have already researched, but you can get them straight off of Amazon. Plus they are less expensive than the Triumph branded ones and of better quality.
What’s on Amazon is taken directly off Motone’s website but, no mention of fit for Bobber? Says good for Triumph models mentioned years 2001-2015. Am I reading it wrong?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What’s on Amazon is taken directly off Motone’s website but, no mention of fit for Bobber? Says good for Triumph models mentioned years 2001-2015. Am I reading it wrong?
If it helps any, mine measures 11 cm x 24 cm. 11 cm being the height at the front, then tapering to the back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting a set of these. Since moving to Mid controls on my Speedie, I noticed I now can grip the tank with my knees when accelerating or braking hard and tipping her down for a corner... but not very well.. I think rubber panels on the tank would work a treat!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Where do you get the set that just has the stripes? Not a fan of the uk flag version

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do you get the set that just has the stripes? Not a fan of the uk flag version

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC
Amazon has the one with stripes...but it has the Triumph name in the center.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts