Triump Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,351 Posts
That’s a really nice kit and the price is fantastic.
Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing your thoughts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
(It never fails to stun me how big UK plates are!)
Yeah, no kidding.

Not only do those gigantic, unbelievably hideous nanny tags ruin the looks of the bikes, but I have it on good scientific authority that the air drag they produce causes additional fuel consumption that is responsible for exactly 62.35% of global climate change. In other words, gigantic plates are literally killing us!

Or, at the very least, their incredible ugliness makes many bike owners wish they were dead.

-GPz

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, no kidding.

Not only do those gigantic, unbelievably hideous nanny tags ruin the looks of the bikes, but I have it on good scientific authority that the air drag they produce causes additional fuel consumption that is responsible for exactly 62.35% of global climate change. In other words, gigantic plates are literally killing us!

Or, at the very least, their incredible ugliness makes many bike owners wish they were dead.

-GPz
You think our plates are big, have you seen the German or the Spanish ones? And I've heard you guys don't want to be left out in the air drag stakes you might have smaller plates but that's why you mount them on the side with all the aerodynamics of a barn door! >:)

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'll post some pics when it arrives and I fit it.

https://www.britishlegends.fr/en/bobber-tail-tidy.html
I'd be interested to see it from the side, although the British Legends photos look great having had a look at my bobber's rear mudguard it seems the plate would sit maybe 45degrees below horizontal? That's not ideal and it would also mean the white LED plate light would be shining back, which might give you problems with the MOT?

I hope I'm wrong about this because I really like what they've done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
New Rage Cycles do something very similar.
Thanks, yeah, those do look tempting. I am sort of waiting for BC to get their pan taillight done, as I do like that old fashioned round taillight sitting on its own above the plate. But we'll see...
I agree. Just buy the street twin version and do some minor cutting and drilling.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got tired of waiting for BC to get their act together and get the pan tail light done. I just installed the New Rage kit and it's pretty awesome. IMO

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am tempted to follow your lead and do just that, but hesitate because of the hole opened up in the fender by the mismatch. Not a huge deal by any means, but hoping for the exact match. Just depends on how long I can hold out... BTW BC told me that the reason they are so slow on it is exactly trying to figure out how to cover that hole.

·
Registered
450 Posts
In Spain it would not be legal. it has no E mark in the license plate light, it has no catadrioptical and it exceeds 30 degrees of inclination on the vertical
Dear God, thank you so much for blessing America. Please take my life before the weak-minded liberals can turn me or my children into helpless subjects of the nanny state (or forgive my sin if I opt to take my own life instead). Also please help our friends in other countries regain freedom and control over their lives as George Washington did for us. Finally, if the power hungry politicians who continuously try to enslave us and kill the human spirit could suffer a bit more during their miserable lives than is actually necessary, that would be greatly appreciated also. Amen.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
'Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools'. Brickhill 1954

My registration plate measures 6x7"

>:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts