Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bobbers, I am trying to remove my factory tail light to inspect the underside to determine if there is room for a small module to add flashing brake lights. The screws however are very tight even after breaking free and with limited room without wheel removal have me stopped. I am wondering why they are so tight. Maybe loctite, but it appears to be plastic, but may have a metal threaded insert?
Does anyone have a tail light that they could post a pic of the underside so I can determine if it looks like there is enough room for this module? TIA.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey Bobbers, I am trying to remove my factory tail light to inspect the underside to determine if there is room for a small module to add flashing brake lights. The screws however are very tight even after breaking free and with limited room without wheel removal have me stopped. I am wondering why they are so tight. Maybe loctite, but it appears to be plastic, but may have a metal threaded insert?
Does anyone have a tail light that they could post a pic of the underside so I can determine if it looks like there is enough room for this module? TIA.
I removed the tail light assembly when I removed the fender in order to drill holes for the luggage rack. Those screws are very difficult to turn but they do come out. There is practically no spare space for anything larger than a toothpick. What size is the module your trying to fit? Perhaps you could attach it to the wires running under the fender.

Chico

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the tail light assembly when I removed the fender in order to drill holes for the luggage rack. Those screws are very difficult to turn but they do come out. There is practically no spare space for anything larger than a toothpick. What size is the module your trying to fit? Perhaps you could attach it to the wires running under the fender.

Chico
I was hoping that the space under the largest part of the tail light mount would be big enough for a module about 1/2 x 1/2 x 2 inches? I would connect the wires to the ones that run to the brake light now under the fender.
Any pics?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts