Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok, anybody have any recommendations on a tail light for this setup? The one in this picture is temporary and you can barely see it during the day.
Call British Customs......they have a nice tail-light they have made for them(its on the license plate holder) but they told me they are working up a stand-alone version.

I think its machined out of billet aluminum......

koz

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone needs to make a block off plate for the hole where the original tail assembly is.
I agree. I'm going to end up cutting off the short rear fender to behind the brace holes, deleting the rear brace altogether. I have already installed the side plate mount kit (Triumph), and began modifying the short rear fender kit wiring harness to add the Rizoma Club S multifunction lights. I'm toying with the idea of installing those lights to the holes left by the brace on either side of the swing arm. I will be working that this weekend. I hate being out of town with this energy to work on my bike! I definitely post pics once I get back to my garage...

·
Registered
18 Posts
...began modifying the short rear fender kit wiring harness to add the Rizoma Club S multifunction lights...
I also have the short rear fender and plan to go with the Rizoma Iride S lights. Have you found adapters that work with the OEM two- and three-pin connectors? Or are you simply lopping off the Triumph connectors at the end and crimping/soldering bullet connectors?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also have the short rear fender and plan to go with the Rizoma Iride S lights. Have you found adapters that work with the OEM two- and three-pin connectors? Or are you simply lopping off the Triumph connectors at the end and crimping/soldering bullet connectors?
here are some links I've collected (copied from the accessories thread)... Though I've got my bike now, I didn't disassemble the rear light yet to have a look at the cables... If you figure out which ones to use, please share the info :D

but I guess the motone kit and the TEC kit are more or less the same... the kit from Bike Brothers is like the others but without the connctors...

·
Vendor
523 Posts
but I guess the motone kit and the TEC kit are more or less the same... the kit from Bike Brothers is like the others but without the connctors...
The tail section plug and play harnesses are meant for single function turn signals, not multifunction like the iRideS or Club S. You will need to make a splitter (2 way or 3 way - depending on if wanting to use a tail light still) for the brake and tail light functionality on the S turn signals. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your using the Rizoma Club S lights they don't make the adapters yet. I emailed them. I installed already. Even if they had the adapters I'm not sure you could fit all those wires and adapters in that small space. Better of cutting and soldering.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am basically keeping the OEM connector at the sub-harness intact and cutting off the harness where it splits to the left/right light leads. I am waiting to see what the situation is with the Rizoma lights (I assume they are just bare wire and have no connectors installed). I would prefer to add some form of connector in line so that I can install/remove the lights in the future without hassle; maybe a GM/Delphi WeatherPack type connector. Simple, straight forward, and can resist the elements. I will tailor the length of everything to suit the final install, hiding wires and whatnot. I will take some good photos along the way, for the interest of others who may like to try something similar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am basically keeping the OEM connector at the sub-harness intact and cutting off the harness where it splits to the left/right light leads. I am waiting to see what the situation is with the Rizoma lights (I assume they are just bare wire and have no connectors installed). I would prefer to add some form of connector in line so that I can install/remove the lights in the future without hassle; maybe a GM/Delphi WeatherPack type connector. Simple, straight forward, and can resist the elements. I will tailor the length of everything to suit the final install, hiding wires and whatnot. I will take some good photos along the way, for the interest of others who may like to try something similar.
The Rizoma lights have male "bullet style" connectors. My plan- unless the leads on the lights are just way too long- is to simply replace the OEM connectors on the harness with insulated female bullet connectors. If I feel I need to shorten the leads on the lights (which means replacing *all* the connectors), then I may look at a 3-in-1 connector of the type you mentioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
An other way..

Tail light for my bike
Ok, anybody have any recommendations on a tail light for this setup? The one in this picture is temporary and you can barely see it during the day.
I got my tail (short fender / side plate holder / tail+stop lights / turn-lights) revisited by Hanse Qustom GmbH who made a terrific job in tight delays.
Easy to install and rewire (took me an hour)

100% street legal in EU 0:)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts