Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike and love it. I need some storage however not big on saddlebags and the swing arm bags are too small. That fender is perfect for a custom fit tail bag. Does anyone know if there is anyone making a custom fit bag for this bike. All the one's I've seen would not look good. Anyone? Anywhere? I'd love to find one if anyone knows of anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I strongly believe there is going to be a proper rack available soon. If not, I'll design one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you seen the bikebrothers swing arm bag? Looks a little big bigger than the triumph offering.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Loving the Mods on this bike.

I've been on the fence about the Triumph "statement brown" seat for the green/silver bike I have. It looks great on this bike. (imo)

I wonder if there is a bracket of sorts behind the swingarm bag. Seems like there must be. amazon lists lots of swingarm bags. I was hoping Bike Brothers had a web site but I can't seem to find them.

Would not have thought about adding exhaust tape wrap (also at amazon) but it looks great here.
good youtube vid on how to do wrap here
Stock Bobber exhaust routing through cat-convert(?) makes wrapping a big question mark for me.

and the vertical side plate mount? that's not the one Triumph offers. wonder where that is available?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bike brothers website ....

http://www.bikebrothers.de/

Their bag does indeed have a bracket. Think it's about €189 and the bag comes in vintage brown or black.

Might get a vintage brown one for mine. Currently going for morello red with the brown statement seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thnx all. I like the bikebrothers bag. Still smaller than what I want but hangs way nicer than Triumph and I agree that there will probably be a rack out at some point soon.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Very nice!! Where is the bobbed fender offered? I didn't see it on the configuration platform.
Well It would help if everyone put their location in their signature. The short rear mudguard is offered on the US configurator, it is not homologated for all countries.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

25 year old bag off my Harley.
Personally, one of the reasons i bought the bike was for the ' floating' seat. I would not cover it with a bag, as i really like the way it looks from all angles.
That is the reason i have opted for the small Triumph swing arm bag (and using ALL available pockets :wink2:)

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Well It would help if everyone put their location in their signature. The short rear mudguard is offered on the US configurator, it is not homologated for all countries.
Interesting. Was on the the other day and only saw the short front fender...that's why I was asking. Come to think of it, Triumph's website (accessories) doesn't seem to show all what is offered. When I went through the configurer before, it had loads of stuff, but the accessories page seems like it only has half the stuff......user error likely...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Interesting. Was on the the other day and only saw the short front fender...that's why I was asking. Come to think of it, Triumph's website (accessories) doesn't seem to show all what is offered. When I went through the configurer before, it had loads of stuff, but the accessories page seems like it only has half the stuff......user error likely...
Originally there was supposed to be 150 accessories, I never really counted! But I and others have noticed it seems to change everyday! I have seen the short rear fender disappear and reappear at least 3 times. Some people have counted, 130 one day and 120 the next. Its not you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is no reason to count, those are counted already for you, I have never seen higher amount than 110.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
eisen77 has ordered on I believe and will be posting pics once mounted.

I am curious to. Would be nice to have a tiny bit of storage.
Tomorrow I should have an update.
The dealer has been closed since last Thursday & they reopen tomorrow. Not sure if the bag is even in Spain yet.

The X-Pipe should also be delivered tomorrow evening :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I think everyone is excited to hear how the xpipe install goes and sounds......hope it doesn't cause any codes to be thrown....

It seems like the aftermarket stuff has a head start in other countries than the US.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I think everyone is excited to hear how the xpipe install goes and sounds......hope it doesn't cause any codes to be thrown....

It seems like the aftermarket stuff has a head start in other countries than the US.
The X pipe has been used for along time on Thruxton and Bonneville models without issues - so hopefully it will work just as well on the Bobber.
I´ll be sure to keep you updated :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I like my bags look and the fit to the bike. I looked into a custom made swingarm bag but the exhaust pipe seems to be above the frame which is where most bags will tie or strap to. I hope the pictures help!
Looking good!
I´m still waiting for my bag to arrive @ the dealer....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts