Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, rather frustratingly I dropped something on my tank and dented it. I’m going to look at getting it resprayed, but what is involved in fitting the T120 tank (not considering the Speedmaster tank for the moment). I have seen the guide posted by TriRocket, but was hoping for a bit more, specifically in relation to the rear mount

·
Registered
553 Posts
Speedmaster tank is much easier & more straightforward option, but was not out when I did mine.
Rear mount on T120 tank was cut off & a lug welded on in its place to use top seat bolt to secure it down.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speedmaster tank is much easier & more straightforward option, but was not out when I did mine.
Rear mount on T120 tank was cut off & a lug welded on in its place to use top seat bolt to secure it down.
Thanks! To be honest, whilst I know the speedmaster tank is a straightforward replacement, I didn't think it was worth it for the sake of 3 litres. I'm still waiting to get a cost on getting my tank sprayed, which I'd guess will be around £3-400, so half the price of a tank anyway.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Depending on tank color, maybe you could get a Speedmaster tank in the desired color vs respraying?

·
Registered
171 Posts
.. and the price of the re-spray will ALSO depend on color(s). A single solid light (minimal pigment) color will be a lot less than say a two tone metallic with pinstripe.. and if ur looking for a candy or pearl .. that is a completely different tier ..
Do some shopping, what you may save in a used tank, may get off set with a color change. But as stated, if u find a tank in the size and color u like.. Bobs ur uncle..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts