Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have instructions? I checked the triumphinstructions site but the instructions there do not match the Bobber swingarm bag. This should be an easy install but I'm not seeing how the bracket goes on without removing the left side exhaust. Can that be right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
IIRC, the Triumph mechanic who installed my swingarm bag managed to do it without removing the left exhaust.
It was a relatively quick install despite being the first time he had ever put that bag (or any) on a Bobber.

I think in the most extreme case the exhaust will have to be loosened, but not removed completely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed mine last week and yes no instructions anywhere. After laying out all the parts my tiny mind figured it out. Just remove the bolt holding the left muffler and I held it up and out of the way to insert the bottom bolt. All is good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed mine last week and yes no instructions anywhere. After laying out all the parts my tiny mind figured it out. Just remove the bolt holding the left muffler and I held it up and out of the way to insert the bottom bolt. All is good.

Thanks for the reply. I figured out the same last night-- removed the bolt on the under side if the exhaust and It hangs out if the way. In the end it was an easy install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Anyone fitted the Swingarm Bag with Side Mounted Number Plate. I have been farting about with it for the last 2 hours and I can't find any way to fit the swingarm bag bracket with the Side Mount Number Plate in place. Equally if you remove the side mount number plate bracket, you can't refit it with the swingarm bracket in place. The instructions say the parts are compatible but I think not???

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed side mount bracket in order to install the swing arm bracket.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi Anyone fitted the Swingarm Bag with Side Mounted Number Plate. I have been farting about with it for the last 2 hours and I can't find any way to fit the swingarm bag bracket with the Side Mount Number Plate in place. Equally if you remove the side mount number plate bracket, you can't refit it with the swingarm bracket in place. The instructions say the parts are compatible but I think not???
Hi, I've fitted no swing-arm bag yet, nor side-mounted no.plate; but welcome to the forum anyway :grin2:

cheers!
mike

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:

little trick for those who will do the work.
when you have stuck the protections,put some silicone grease on the rubber.
it helps to slide the assembly forward.
remember to tighten the top screws before the bottom because if you start with the bottom one, with the pinch due to tightening, the spacer does not position well on those at the top.and if you tighten too hard to block the spacers..the protective rubber crushes and overflows.

finally, nothing very difficult ..
just to do clean work ..

·
Registered
28 Posts

I had to remove the bolt from the exhaust bracket and pull the exhaust up and away from the bike, then slide the bracket down between the swing arm and exhaust, and top bar of swing arm. I also used a little silicon spray to make it easier to slide the bracket towards the front of the bike.

Also, some colorful language seems to persuade the bracket into place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts