Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I (and quite a few others on the forum) have installed the rear FOX shock.
Matris is another option (i have their front suspension kit) and i heard good things about their adjustable rear shock too.

F15K - Matris Dampers

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did you notice a big difference when changing the front suspension? I have the fox rear and love it but don’t feel like the front needs it. But you never know until you try and you’re like whoa I needed it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
While the Fox rear is great, i felt the OEM front end could use some improvement.
Generally speaking, i wanted the front end to match the rear in terms of plushness and feedback, while not getting flustered over bad roads.
For the most part I am happy with the upgrade; the Matris kit gives the Bobber a firmer ride and more support with less dive under braking.
But the kit has its issues (some rubbing noises from the internals and a clicking sound when the forks are fully extended). These issues were addressed by Martis Italy, but not to my complete satisfacion and the solutions were half hearted. My mechanic managed to sort it all out, but i feel a bit let down from their customer service.

Though the Matris kits works fine, next time I will go back to the guys i trust at Traxxion Dynamics. Hands down the best suspension i have ever used.
I only went with Matris cause they were a new name to me, available IN Europe and have a good reputation. Pricewise they are half the cost of Traxxion, so i thought it worthwhile to give them a try.

To answer you question - yes, i feel the front deserves an upgrade (especially if you have already done the rear). The difference can certainly be felt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts